• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PLease Diagnose My MOBO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{Epsilon}Stalin

Registered
I bought the Neo2 PFISR and all the other stuff in my signature. A friend (computer diagnostician, etc, for Delphi) of my dad and myself put it all together and plugged the monitor in. No video came up but the video card light and onboard fan came on, the CPU HSF came on, and the hard drive didnt start to spin.

We began to take the pieces off the mobo in an effort to isolate the problem. We started with unmounting the mobo and running it in the guys hands to make sure it wasnt shorting out on the case. We eventually took all pieces off except the video card, the CPU and CPU HSF. When trying to boot the computer up, the mobo wasnt "chirping" its warning sounds saying no Ram was installed and no hard drive, etc. Also the USB port has 4 lights on it that the manuel say can be used as a diagnostic. The manuel said they will either be green or red lights. (this USB mind u is directed hooked to the mobo) The lights were not green and red but orange and red. ANd finally the mobo had a huge warp in it right underneath the CPU socket.

The computer diagnostician said that he thought it was the mobo because of all the symptoms, plus he said that intel prechecks all their chips before they are shipped which would mean the chip was good.

If anyone can please lend a diagnosis or ask for more information i would be very appreciative.

aight,
the RMA is under way (no ryhme intended)
im kinda ****ed bout that too.... i sent it back on 5.19.04 Wednesday... it arrived at newegg.com on 5.24.04 Monday....
they sent me an email saying they have the box i sent and theat theyd email me again when they open it up (i figured, "oh thatll be like 30 mins from now").... now it is5.26.04 and they still havent opened my RMA box....

any advice of what to do , what to say if i call them , etc

Back