• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED please full explain everything about overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maninder055

Registered
please provide me fresh information so that i can get better overclocking

please explain how to overclock locked multiplyer cpu's with ddr3 ram and how to adjust northbridge,ddr3 ram,HT link,FSB for best overclocking

please explain how to overclock locked multiplyer cpu's with ddr3 ram and how to adjust northbridge,ddr3 ram,HT link,FSB for best overclocking

First :welcome: to the forums.

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking for. Do you want the general theory behind it, or how to overclock your specific setup? In the case of you're setup we'd need to know what your specs are.

Assuming you are in the AM2+ generation of AMD products, I suggest taking a look at dolks guide under the sticky, awesome info in there... Then come back to this thread with questions on your setup (and post your build info, something like my sig should suffice). :)

i just want to know to overclocking basics such as how to find out maximum FSB of a cpu.adjusting DDR3 ram for higher overclocking,HT LINK ,NOTHBRIDGE adjustment .i know little about overclocking an unlocked multi cpu but don't khow about locked multi cpu with DDR3 memory because this type of memory is used more than DDR2...

Please give us summary of your hardware. We cannot help you until we know what you are working with. We need info like:

CPU make and model

CPU cooler make and model or if it's the stock boxed cooler state that

Motherboard make and model and revision

Memory make and model and speed

Case make and model

PSU make an wattage

Video Card make and model

The basics are to isolate each component and find its maximum overclock and then find the maximum overclock of the system as a whole. You want to start by finding your maximum FSB. To do that you lower your cpu multiplier and your ram multiplier and then increase your FSB by 10. Then boot into windows. If your system boots without any problem then keep going. Once you cant boot into windows you can try increasing CPU-NB V but more importantly NB V up to about 1.3V. Eventually step sizes of 10 wont work and you will have to lower FSB and try and increase it by 1 to find absolute maximum. Start there and report back.

i have amd sempron 145 cpu with stock cooler,hyundai DDR3 667mhz 2gb ram,a 450w psu micro atx case and gygabyte GA-M68MT-D3P motherboard

my cpu's stock multi is x14 How much is it to bring down to finding maximum FSB

my cpu's stock multi is x14 How much is it to bring down to finding maximum FSB

Set your CPU multiplier to 8x and lower your HT Link speed and your NB (or CPUNB it may be called) to 4x. Also lower your memory speed to 400. All those things are tuned to the FSB so they all need to be lowered if you are going to check out the max FSB. Start with 240 mhz and increase the FSB in 10 mhz increments until it won't boot and then cut it back to the last stable frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back