• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd take advantage of it. I would think some stuff would be on sale hopefully.

Do you have a Microcenter nearby?

Things you can grab early:
- HDD
- SSD
- PSU
- Case
- Cooler

I would save the mobo/CPU/RAM for last.

No. There isn't too much technology stuff in Eastern Tennessee :(

So case, solid state drive, power supply,case and he cooler is what I should look for on cyber Monday?

Also, is it okay to get the pieces one by one or gather them all, then start building.

No. There isn't too much technology stuff in Eastern Tennessee :(

So case, solid state drive, power supply,case and he cooler is what I should look for on cyber Monday?

Also, is it okay to get the pieces one by one or gather them all, then start building.

Gather one by one if in a short time frame. If you start gathering now and finish in Dec 2015, your parts will be obsolete.

Thanks guys. MAJOR help. If anyone wants to give me a link to somewhere with some good cyber Monday deals, it'd be appreciated.

Hey guys. So I underestimated Christmas cost. It may be late March before I can get parts. Is that too long of a period of gathering the parts? Also, I'd like for it to run The Sims 3. Thanks.

Hey guys. So I underestimated Christmas cost. It may be late March before I can get parts. Is that too long of a period of gathering the parts? Also, I'd like for it to run The Sims 3. Thanks.

That's too long. THe sims 3 will run on a peanut attatched to a AA battery so dont worry about that. I run SIms 3 on my mom's AMD 5150 that's rock bottom specs.

Last edited:
Like noob said Sims 3 isn't that demanding of a game anymore honestly.

As far as the time period that is a long time but if you can deal with that type of gap picking up parts then that is up to you.

Nice to hear about Sims 3. Also, would it be best to order the more expensive first, or lowest? I've noticed there are Christmas deals going on. Also, I left out video editing.

Last edited:
Nice to hear about Sims 3. Also, would it be best to order the more expensive first, or lowest? I've noticed there are Christmas deals going on. Also, I left out video editing.

Almost post 100 and now you mention that you video edit?

Seriously dude very irresponsible use of forums and people's time... I'm done with this thread.

Almost post 100 and now you mention that you video edit?

Seriously dude very irresponsible use of forums and people's time... I'm done with this thread.

Sorry I forgot a piece. People make mistakes. Thanks for all the help you have contributed and have a nice day.

If video editing you'll want to upgrade to the 8320 at least if not the 8350 and also probably get 16gb of 1866 speed ram at least.

Back