• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please post your Lian Li V-Series watercooled!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MVC said:
I'm seriously thinking about getting a V2000 and taking the radiator external. It wouldn't look as clean, but it sure would be a lot more functional.

That's an idea. I spose one could mount the radiator on the top of the case and make some sort of shroud akin to how the Exos coolers look, whilst keeping the rad fans inside the case in a push config?

Personally I think the HDD/PSU area is crying out for being used, though it could be interesting to work it out. I was thinking a large rad could be mounted on the bottom of the case internally by flipping the PSU on its mounting plate so that it hangs high, cut out or remove the centre divider between HDD/PSU area, and figure out an alternate method/location for the harddrives (use one of the 2 hdd racks horizontally above the radiator maybe?). With the clearance the wheels on the case provide I don't suppose it'd be a problem drawing cold air up from the floor and out the front & back of the V2000 case.

Sorry, just running some poorly thought out ideas about there... :p

sumfuka said:
That's an idea. I spose one could mount the radiator on the top of the case and make some sort of shroud akin to how the Exos coolers look, whilst keeping the rad fans inside the case in a push config?
Actually, I was thinking of just mounting the radiator externally and leaving it at that--the Thermochill 120.3 is aesthetic enough for my tastes :). Having the fans in a pull configuration would work better. I'd want to use the cooler (if only by a couple of degrees) outside air to cool the radiator and with all the ventilation the V2000 has overpressurization wouldn't really be an issue.

sumfuka said:
Personally I think the HDD/PSU area is crying out for being used, though it could be interesting to work it out. I was thinking a large rad could be mounted on the bottom of the case internally by flipping the PSU on its mounting plate so that it hangs high, cut out or remove the centre divider between HDD/PSU area, and figure out an alternate method/location for the harddrives (use one of the 2 hdd racks horizontally above the radiator maybe?). With the clearance the wheels on the case provide I don't suppose it'd be a problem drawing cold air up from the floor and out the front & back of the V2000 case.

Sorry, just running some poorly thought out ideas about there... :p
If I only needed a couple of hard drives this would actually work pretty well. But there's only 15 inches from the rear of the case to the back edge of the front hard drive rack and a Thermochill 120.3 would need 16.5 inches so both hard drive racks would have to come out and I'm aready feeling deprived with only 6 hard drives in this machine.... Also, with a configuration like that I'd have to come up with a whole new method of mounting the Iwaki. Right now it fits very well where the second hard drive rack was, but I'm not sure where I could put it if I didn't have that space to work with.

Anyway, I seriously doubt that I'll have the time to actually move this system into a new case before next fall so I've got time to think about it.

MVC said:
Just keep in mind that the V1000 is not a good case for water cooling. The area for the PSU is small so it won't fit many of the newer (and more powerful) PSUs, and the area for the motherboard is completely used up by a standard ATX board. If you want to do water cooling and keep the system internal, I'd get a different case, if only a V1200 which would give you an additional 4" of depth to work with.

The thing is I live in Canada, and can only find two retailers that sell Lian Li. Neither has a V1200, one has a V2000, but it has a price tag of $502CAD :bang head which there is no way I am going to pay that for a computer case. I've read many reviews in the past few days and think I have the watercooling figured out. I am going to remove one of the drive bays (the one closer to the fan) and thats is where i'll put my chevette core. The pump will be put in the space for the optical drives, and I am only watercooling my cpu. I think It should all be fine. I've watercooled the cpu,NB, and GPU in a Super Lanboy (which looks a lot smaller and more cramped). Its all good :)

Hey Lowfat...

I am in the same boat. I currently have the V1000. I am thinking about putting 2 BIX radiators in the case. One on each fan in the V1000. (One in front, and one in back.) That, and a T-line should give me a nice setup. The only gotcha is where to put the pump. I am hoping that I can squeeze it in the botton compartment, but I think it might be just a hiar to small with one drive bay still intact. I chould just move my hard dirve (250GB) to the top section, and leave the bottom area for WC stuff... (Remove both hard drive bays.)

Let me know how your setup goes.

cheers

corban

Hey noxqzs,

Quick question? In your picture on this thread, you have 3 tubes going through your case in three different holes. Did you drill those into your case, and if so, what are you using for the rings around the holes? (I assume to protech the tubing.) What size did you drill the hole to compensate for the extra thickness of the rings in the hole?

thanks for the help...

cheers

corban

Hey MVC,

Thanks for the posts. Just what I was looking for! Bookmarked them both.

cheers

corb

corban said:
I am thinking about putting 2 BIX radiators in the case. One on each fan in the V1000. (One in front, and one in back.)

I had an XSPC 1x120mm rad here initially (similar I think?) hoping to mount it in the rear 120mm fan location in a V2100 case but found it wasn't possible, at least being able to mount it internally. The endcaps of the radiator were the problem being too wide to mount horizontally or vertically.

Maybe you were thinking of having it external but thought I'd give it a mention.

P.S. I didn't have a problem mounting the 1x120mm rad on the front fan mount in the case (after removing some HDD bays).

Edit: Just measured the XSPC 120.1 rad here and it's 170mm endcap to endcap, so guess it might actually be possible with a BIX being 153mm.

Last edited:
Hey sumfuka,

I thought I measured it ok. It sounds like the 153mm should work, but I will check before I make the plunge...

thanks for the heads up.

cheers

corb

Back