• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please someone help: Error 10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lyian

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

For No fragging reason, when i booted up my computer this morning, it ****ed up. It took far longer to reach the login screen, and when i check the error logs after a balloon popup, this is what i see. How do i fix this problem short of re-formatting?

I tried using a Fix IT solution from microsoft, and i also tried using a winmgmt /salvagerepository command. Although the command help get my Shutdown process working (which was hanging before) it has not resolved the issue.

I do NOT need this on my freaking break, i just wanted to enjoy my gaming :(

That is the fix i attempted, yes.

[edit] ok, just for S&G's i disabled ALL non-microsoft startup programs, and ran the fix again. I dont get the popup anymore (except my asus probe program complains, but i expected that). When i check the event logs, i see this.

The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

Last edited:
I assume you've already tried booting into safe mode, stopping the Windows Management Instrumentation Service, taking ownership of the folder or the contents of the folder "C:\Windows\System32\wbem\Repository", deleting the contents of the folder, then rebooting?

I assume you've already tried booting into safe mode, stopping the Windows Management Instrumentation Service, taking ownership of the folder or the contents of the folder "C:\Windows\System32\wbem\Repository", deleting the contents of the folder, then rebooting?

Um.. no, i have not. Should i? I am concerned if i start turning services back on, it might reappear.

Alright, i went ahead and did that (tho the fix might have done that alerady) and it repopulated it so im guessing thats what its suppose to do. Now i need to deal with the fallout. Alot of the services i disabled, no longer appear in the msconig services tab, such as Asus Probe. Anyway to get that back or will i need to reinstall it?

Also, thanks for the help redduc

Last edited:
Back