• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pls help to talk to HP.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trekky

without calling them dumb
so i posted about my laptop turbo stuck at 2.3ghz
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=724737
i ended up need to contact HP....
i sent them this
the turbo on my laptop is defected
it stays at 2.3ghz it will not down clock to 1.9(stock) or lower and will not go to 2.8ghz (max turbo)
the CPU is always stuck at 2.3 no matter what
Bios was flashed to try to fix this. it did not.
something is defected on this laptop I don't think it is software but not sure
the software im reading the speeds is called CPUz its a high grade software made for this purpose.
they sent back
Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.

On reviewing your email I understand that you have some queries about Turbo Boost Technology in your HP Pavilion g7-2243us Notebook PC.

I greatly appreciate that you have forwarded the matter to us and I as an HP- Tech support take the ownership of the email and I assure you to answer the query to the best of my abilities.

******, in response to your email I would like to inform you that Intel turbo boost Technology is a method for dynamically over clocking processor speed for use and improve the systems performance. If your computer is configured to use Intel Turbo boost, processor speed will increase based on system requirements and application demands (up to the configured maximum amount). When it is no longer needed by an application, the dynamically allocated portion of memory is returned to the operating system for other uses. When workload on the processor calls for faster performance, and the processor is below its limits, the processor's clock will increase the operating frequency in regular increments as required to meet demand. If Windows is not asking for more performance, Turbo Boost does not deliver it. The Turbo Boost is activated and deactivated automatically in hardware as per processor requirement. Hence, manually it is not possible to CPU to run faster; it will increase the speed as per the processor requirement.

I would suggest you please download Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor from the link given below. The Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor 2.5 is a Microsoft Windows application that displays processor frequency changes including Intel Turbo Boost Technology frequencies.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=19105

:facepalm: 1st NOT a intel laptop... did he bother to even look at what laptop im talking about?
i just replyed
hello

first thing this is a AMD APU 4500m not Intel

also the CPU is locked at 2.3ghz no matter what setting set. it does not reach its max turbo speed even when needed and its not getting over heated

it May be a issue with the turbo not 100% sure i think its a sounds like something is wrong with the Motherboard and/or CPU

i contacted you guys to see if there is a fix for this issue or repair is issue

i also know how turbo works only giving the extra when needed however it is Not working properly as i said turbo goes to 2.3 Max when its should go to 2.8 (even a spike would count)

lol i have not contacted AMD all they would say is contact HP
any whos they replyed
it is apparent that your case needs to escalate to our corporate quality case manager team so that he can call you to take care of your case from now on. Thus I would request you to provide the following details so that the case manager can call you back to take care of the case and provide you ultimate solution.
IE i dont know whats wrong let me pass the plate to a Real Tech person :rofl:

Seems to me like they're reading straight from the script. :rolleyes:

They usually do. I've been through similar shenanigans with most of my RMAs. Most recent one was when I had to RMA the SSD in my lanbox. Emailed OCZ, told them the drive was lagging horribly and by the time I contacted them, it was either not being recognized by the BIOS of multiple computers or showing completely out of wack data (even though I'd love a 4,000TB SSD :D ) and I couldn't get to it in the OS. They told me to format the drive and run a benchmark. I would have gladly tried it, you know, if I could actually access the drive.

ya now im waiting for a phone call.....(probly thought "oh crap out of script")

well called the person and he did not know he claim that I would not notice the speed increase I told him about prime95 etc etc. he said "I think it will come back as not defective but if you wish I will issue a repair ticket
of course I did so they are over nighting a box to me
also it seems when I plug things into my USB3 port my computer crashes but send it back anyways so hope they fix the issue

Did getting a new box and having to reload all your data solve the problem. I am not happy (i.e. I see red at the near mention of HP right now) at all with HP. First, the only time I have called tech support, HP support lady told me off the damn bat the "refresh" my computer. Granted I knew better and I knew what I was in store for, but damn, I lost everything. I did retain my data on my hard drive. BUT, I had a @#$% external HD hooked up and being tired and only calling HP as a last resort, the bitc ,,,um, lady told me nothing about unhooking my USB (2.0) external Maxtor HD. Guess the hell what happened to my tired and careless as.. tell. I didn't even have a partition left on my extrnal drive (the drive backed up all my work, from graphic art to @#$% ing CMS websites.) So , I will leave with this. How did HP handle your issue @trekky? Hope you got a solution. As I have CPU Z and I get the same @#$% readings. I am not happy with this Notebook. I mean, ..... the screen sucks donkey nuts. contrast ratio of 160:9 . Black level 1.8 cd/meter square. Even slightly tilt the screen back (which only goes 135 degrees back anyway) and you looking at the negative (inverse) image. sucks . but, i will say the system holds its own when treated like a desktop, which from my perspective, this notebook is a DR. desktop replacement notebook. how ever you say it. i am just so tired. and sick n tired of HP. They called me back from god knows where that speech is considered understandable and kissed *** about the issue. I am normally not so dumb, but i had worked my *** off that day and I didn't want to deal with computer problems. Seems like you actually just need to flash the CMOS when you first hit the Airplane mode button or the F12 key to drop wifi signal and then the damn led on the key stays amber in color and never again are you supposed to have wifi. but, i flashed the cmos with the new dated one and deleted the damn wifi from device manager and solved the problem. let me reiterate i solved the damn problem of the stuck on off forever wifi signal off button. they fuc.. @#$%ing "refreshed' my machine. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH. And have the balls to say "I'm sorry". i don't care who is sorry or who is not. Don't be doing **** you don't know about and inform someone if you take remote assitance of my system and screw it all up and solve nothing. sorry guys and gals. i have just about had it. i'm about to send it back once they air drop me a box of any other type. breath. let me know trek if they solve why our cores read the same all the time. i mean the average or mean. 2.3 gHz. I didn't ask for all these problems. and I am still sick about the screen quality. dang thing maxs out at like 150 cd /meter squared. oh, dear God, i leaned back a bit and white went black / black when white. how fun. see saw. see saw. i'm not a happy person right now.

Back