• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

posibility to upgrade bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

god_like

hello i need my gigabyte 2080 modded. because i didnt find any solution for -200gpu and +1000gddr a want to use an 2080 super bios. trying board_id_patched_nvflash and cert_bypass_nvflash. error was often wrong gpu. what can i do for my card for upgrade vbios? need native custom speed for live os.
exact model:

GIGABYTE RTX 2080 GAMING OC 8GB
this bios will be an advantage:​

GIGABYTE RTX 2080 Super 8 GB

WINDFORCE OC or Gaming OC
(or perhaps working license.hulk/license.lic data for nvflash o_O )

Those are different cards with different hardware. As far as I know, that won't work.

If you want to run those clocks (why? -200 core and +1000 on memory?) use MSI AB and have it start with windows with those clocks. Easy and much less risky than a bios flash.

I need nicehash OS. So Windows app won't help me. It's a very light Linux distro. If I'm not home I use my pc in this way. I would prefer use afterburner on single use for normal clocks again to play, because I'm Windows Gamer.

I don't know of a way to make a custom BIOS, sorry. I do know that using the Super BIOS more than likely won't work. Again, different hardware configs between them. The only similarity is the vRAM amount (the core is the same, but there is a lot more active on the Super which can't be active on the 2080).

My advise if you want to mod a Vbios is to go to Techpowerup and they can help you better.

I used to mod Vbioses, but that was way back and I can't remember now. I do know that I've bricked several cards flashing modded up Vbioses.

In past okay. But now 2080 have hard restrictions. Actually only possible to flash custum board bios with same GPU. But my card already best 2080 version.

Back