• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible cpu issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SimplySerenity

Registered
So I've got a question for you all, but I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct board so my apologies if it's not. So about ten minutes ago I had task manager open just to see how cpu was handling because I was experiencing some stuttering in a game. I closed the game, and went to open steam when task manager basically went full ****** on me. Now I'm not sure if it was task manager or my cpu, but it seemed like my hardware polling got bugged and was polling way faster than normal. I'll post a screenshot of what the task manager looked like. Should I be worried?

mHILe.png

What is using all those resources under the processes tab?
Also, did you black out memory and page file info at the bottom?

No I didn't black them out, that was part of the issue. The processes were just plugins running in my browser, and I was running at about 10% usage idling before this happened.

I've already rebooted and everything is running is running fine now. It was just really strange.

It's a good idea to reboot a Windows-based computer every several days to clear the accumulated memory leaks.

Back