• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possibly looking for new AGP card for Christmas. Don't know about my system.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
6800 overall is a better card because it is about $20 cheaper. But if you are an ATI guy the 800 is a great card too, but will run you just a tad more.

ok so i dont wanna get on the pci-express band wagon yet as well. ive got my P4 northwood at 3.4ghz 1100 FSB and my ram is at 230 2.5-3-3-6 with a 9800pro flashed to an XT at 460 Core 370 Mem. Id love to upgrade my AGP card as well, but would i be bottlenecked here with say a 7800gs or the 1950pro? I'd like to play games like oblivion at high settings cause that game is just insane, i can play it with medium/high which is amazing but laggy at times. The 1950 would be my coice if any, but bottleneck problems? Thanks

Terranova_D said:
ok so i dont wanna get on the pci-express band wagon yet as well. ive got my P4 northwood at 3.4ghz 1100 FSB and my ram is at 230 2.5-3-3-6 with a 9800pro flashed to an XT at 460 Core 370 Mem. Id love to upgrade my AGP card as well, but would i be bottlenecked here with say a 7800gs or the 1950pro? I'd like to play games like oblivion at high settings cause that game is just insane, i can play it with medium/high which is amazing but laggy at times. The 1950 would be my coice if any, but bottleneck problems? Thanks
Bottlenecking is overrated for the most part. I wouldn't worry about it, especially with a system like yours.

Back