• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Connector for Asetek lclc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ogletree

I'm building a new machine with a EVGA X299 and a Intel i7 7820X.

I have an old Alienware Aurora that I salvaged a Asetek lclc cooler. I know it there are much better ways of doing this but I was trying to cut costs on new machine. I might get something more legit later.

The problem is that it has an odd power connector for the cooler. The fan has a normal fan power connector. From what I can tell my motherboard does not have this kind of connector.

Is there an adaptor to get power to this?

IMG_4430.jpg
IMG_4440.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4430.jpg
    IMG_4430.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4440.jpg
    IMG_4440.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 45
If you can figure out which wire is which you could probably just put a standard fan plug end on that and hook it into a fan header.

I doubt you are going to have any luck finding a converter for that plug unless you make one. I would google around and see if you can find the pinot on that plug and then go from there. You should have a 12v line a ground and a Rach readout if it is a standard setup.

I have tried finding adapters for those kind of things (such as fans from old servers) with no success. Your best bet is to splice in a conventional cooler connector. If you know the make and model of the cooler fan you can likely google for a pin schematic.

Back