• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

POwer settings not applying in Windows 10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tír na nÓg

Hi lads,

Facing a weird issue here.

Specs as follow:

Asus Vivobook X512DA
AMD 3700U
Windows 10 Family Build 1903

I've enabled, through power shell, the option in the power settings to disable boost. Coupled with a few utilities, it allows to set P States to desired frequency and so, get the max out of the Vega 10.

But, but, but... It seems my power plans are not applying.

Tried to set max CPU to 99%, same thing, not working...

Any clue?

Thanks!

I don't think Power shell is able to overwrite the set/default values in the vivobook. Are you able to switch settings in the vivobook's bios?

I don't think Power shell is able to overwrite the set/default values in the vivobook. Are you able to switch settings in the vivobook's bios?

Unfortunately not...

I've found a so so workaround : I set turbo to 1ms using Ryzen Controler and it does the trick.

Still not 100% happy with this, as it's a kind of dirty fix.

Well, at least I can play Divinity Original Sin 2 over 30 FPS@1080p,lol, the GPU hovering between 1000 and 1200 MHz.

Edit : that might be fixe in the 2004 version of WIndows. Who knows...

Update :

Weird, power settings are working under CB or load test. But as soon as I launch a DX application, boost is coming back in action.

UPdate 2: when running DX apps in full screen, turbo kicks in, while it stzays off in windowed mode. (tried abunch of Adrenalin drivers FYI).

Update 3 : this beahvior is specific do Divinity Original Sin 2. With every other app I run, turbo is disabled...:sly:

Back