• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power up issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
A8N SLI Premium

OCZ 600 game stream (PSU )

4400 cpu , 2 gigs ram , SSD , hd 5770 video card dvd drive
Win 7

The issue , comp runs perfect does prime forever no issue . What happens is if i shut down and go back to power up , the system spins up but i get no monitor signal , if i shut off PSU switch , click it back on and then hit start button it powers perfectly.

Power Supply or Motherboard is on the way to failure. Would not surprise me if one morning, the system would not boot at all.

A8N SLI Premium

OCZ 600 game stream (PSU )

4400 cpu , 2 gigs ram , SSD , hd 5770 video card dvd drive
Win 7

The issue , comp runs perfect does prime forever no issue . What happens is if i shut down and go back to power up , the system spins up but i get no monitor signal , if i shut off PSU switch , click it back on and then hit start button it powers perfectly.

i had a similar problem before, found out it was an unstable clock. what i did is lower the clock of my CPU and adjusted the ram timings.. havent got any problems afterward.

Thanks guys , I actually have system at stock settings. I am going to try a video card swap and see if that helps , i have tried other power supplies that power a 6 core overclocked rig yet will not power up the Asus A8N dual core system. Matter of fact the ocz 600 will not power up any other system except this A8N , it is almost like at boot the A8N has some power draw the OCZ deals with and 2 Thermaltake supplies cant deal with.

Thanks guys , I actually have system at stock settings. I am going to try a video card swap and see if that helps , i have tried other power supplies that power a 6 core overclocked rig yet will not power up the Asus A8N dual core system. Matter of fact the ocz 600 will not power up any other system except this A8N , it is almost like at boot the A8N has some power draw the OCZ deals with and 2 Thermaltake supplies cant deal with.

looks like a motherboard incompatibility? have you tried pressing "DEL" or "F10" after pressing the power button? that works for me too in the past..

Back