• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime95 custom benchmark request

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mackerel

Since I'm not actively buying a system to bench, could I request someone to do a Prime95 benchmark run on a modern/fast AMD FX system? Just one result on a representative system will suffice and I don't need or want loads of result.

This should be on some 64 bit windows, with Prime95 28.7 64-bit. In prime.txt please add two lines near the top:
MinBenchFFT=64
MaxBenchFFT=8192

Make sure Prime95 isn't running when editing the file. This basically extends the range of the benchmark to smaller task sizes than standard. The run can take a while.

I just need to know the CPU model and clock, also ram speed, timings, and if known if the ram is 1 or 2 rank. Oh, and the contents of results.txt when it is done.

Thanks in advance.

Damn. Just noticed you needed to test on an FX..
Mine's on my dresser and I'm low on thermal paste and I need it when I tear down my rig.. :bang head

Would running this on a 1090t be of use to you?

Thanks for the offer but I really want to see what the modern modules do. A modern APU would likely be ok too, but the FX has bigger caches so I'd hope to see best case performance there.

Thanks for the offer but I really want to see what the modern modules do. A modern APU would likely be ok too, but the FX has bigger caches so I'd hope to see best case performance there.
No problem :) Figured I'd offer anyway.

If you still need a result then I will run this bench after I setup the rig again!

Thanks for the results. It's going to take some work to digest but looking at relative numbers the scaling with cores already looks interesting.

Back