• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Primochill VUE problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clutch_Head

i've been looking at watercooling again for a new build.

i noticed on youtube quite a few users complaining about Primochill VUE coolant being abrasive & clogging.
it's removing nickle plating :shock:, removing material from blocks, block covers, and reservoirs, clogging micro channels in blocks.
anyone using it may want to should take a look at your blocks, fittings, rads, etc and seriously consider switching.

while the pearlescent fluid looks really neat, its apparent abrasive & clogging properties FAR outweigh that.
i can't speak from experience, but i would NOT run anything like this. i'm going with distilled water & silver kill coils.

if you use Primochill VUE i would appreciate your input.
/max

Like many of these fluids it massively depends on what hardware you have. I ran the mayhem’s pastel stuff for years with no issues, yet many people saw problems.

I saw the jay two cents video about it and he said that primochill have Now said not to use the fluid for longer than 8 hours at a time. Which is easily done, I often leave my system running all day.

What I do think with these fluids people should be doing is. As soon as you see anything settling, even if it mixes back up when the pump is on you should think about changing the fluid.

if it's not good for more than 8 hours, then it's not good in my opinion. what happens after 8 hours?
it's like my water company saying the water is safe to drink if you have 2 healthy kidneys.

Jay was saying that color fluids were fine to use a while back. He keeps mix messaging and hate to see people go to him for advise because he has the blingiest sponsored systems.

With that said, I will go back to what I always tell everyone and that is, stick with reputed clear premix fluids. They will keep you in warranty for most of your gear, assuming you're using the same H20 company all around and don't use distilled water and any silver based biocide since silver will damage nickle plating as EK has warned many times before.

Many of us with 5+ years of H20 experience have seen lots of bad experiences, especially with colored fluids.

I'm have a pretty diverse system without the use of aluminum and have had no issues using German juice.

With that said, I will go back to what I always tell everyone and that is, stick with reputed clear premix fluids.

Lol.
With all due respect, that is what you RECENTLY tell everyone.
You were a distilled+biocide user without issues for longer than you were a clear premix user.

Lol.
With all due respect, that is what you RECENTLY tell everyone.
You were a distilled+biocide user without issues for longer than you were a clear premix user.

Yeah, it's been just over a year since the "switch" (lol) but I learned my lesson. Maybe it works for some just like colored fluids but for folks like myself, I think it was worth it.

I always had oxidization issues on two CPU blocks. Could only imagine what goes on in my GPU blocks and radiators which I don't want to think about. If I would had known better, I would have made the switch from day one.

agree about Jay's blingy builds. i wasn't considering any of these fluids. i'm a function over form builder.
just wanted to post a heads up for all y'all.

after reading about silver reacting with nickel plating, i think i'll go with distilled+copper sulfate.

cheers

Back