• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem in RAID0 hardisks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ken_nx

hi there everyone
my pc just could not boot up after i had removed all the parts of the pc for clening last week... it just said kind of "insert system disk"... but the intel ICH5R RAID0 BIOS could still detect my RAID0 set as bootable but it could not...
then i used another harddisk to reinstall winxp pro, i got into the disk management inside administrative tools and i found the RAID0 set was "unallocated"... I got many important stuffs inside, how can i recover my data?

my mother board is Abit IC7-Max3
using the onchip ICH5R raid for one set of RAID0 to boot the machine, and another set of RAID0 on the on board silicon image 3114 chip
4 pieces of hitachi 80G SATA harddisk, winxp pro

thank you very much

ken

maybe try switching the raid channels that the raid drives are plugged into, if you haven't already. i think this happened to me one time. it's worth a shot.

Bacchana1 said:
maybe try switching the raid channels that the raid drives are plugged into, if you haven't already. i think this happened to me one time. it's worth a shot.

thanks for replying
i think i did it already but failed too
the worst is that after that i went into the BIOS and kicked "reset to non-raid" and then kicked "create raid disks".... it didnt warned me of "all data will be lost" or kind of, it just asked me "are you sure".... it seemed didnt take any time in writing into the disks so i presume the data inside is not yet decided...i've just read the post from another topic.... seem using the freeware worths trying....
will go home to try saving my stuffs tonite

thanks all

that software couldnt find any data i needed.... anyone who can give help?
thanks

R Studio from R-tt.com will probably find it, but you'll have to have a second drive to load windows and run the program and then to restore your data to. I've never tried using this type of program on a raid array before, but it's worth a demo! You can download a demo for free, but the software costs $50-$80 depending on what version you opt for. It's really a pretty good deal imho. The demo will let you search and will let you recover any files that are 64k or less. :-/

http://www.r-studio.com/#rstudio_demo

thanks sir
$50-80 is of course worthy if it can really receover my 30G+ pictures and 160G+ DV movies........
i'll try later today when im back to home, thanks

i have two sets of RAID0, each 160G....
i'd bought 2 pieces of 250G before i lost the data.,.... now using another 13G to boot into windowsXP, and seeking to recovering data to those 250Gs
i've never rewritten any data onto these two raids..... dont know how can i recover them.... sigh

Back