• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem: On boot hd's start, stop, then start and post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raventy

ok ive got a spare gigabyte GA7RVXP rev 1.1 motherboard which I had busted off a small chip on the board by accident so I sent it to gigabyte where they fixed it along with adding another chip to solve the power problem rev 1.1 boards were having with gf4's. Now I had upgraded my watercooled rig to a 2400+ and took its 1900+ to put into this board. Well due to what I belive a faulty hsf, they chip died. But before it died depending on what the proccessors speed was at the motherboard did some odd things. Like when I went to go boot the pc at a slower speed the hard drive would start up, stop, and start up again then post. At the normal speed it would start up, stop, startup, stop then startup again but wouldnt post. Then shortly after the proc died due to overheat. Now I then went and put a duron 750 I had which was in an "internet" pc which the family uses and put that into the board and booted it up. With that chip in the hard drive started, stopped, then started again and posted. Does anyone know whats up with that? Back before this board broke it never did anything like that.. but now its fixed and does this odd thing. I dunno but maybe did gigabyte change some settings when they fixed it? Like I found the multiplier jumper and such set differently when I got the board back from gigabyte.. maybe they had changed something else to like another jumper im not seeing or bios setting or somthing? Ive got a new athlon 2100+ on the way to replace the 1900+ that died now im wondering if maybe the board had something to do with its death? The 1900+ died due to overheat. I had a Speeze FalconRock hsf on it mounted perfectly and it was even remounted multiple times but on one of the boot ups when trying to figure out what was going on, the proc died. My temp prob alarm went off but it was too late for the proc unfortunatly. I did read about another user on this forum with the same hsf having a problem where he had the same hsf and his proc overheated to. but now im wondering why my board does this odd thing?

Last edited:
Back