• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cap and a Chip heatsink touching both with other aluminnium heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xeana

Hi. have a problem after on a very hot day I had a extra small heat sink just sitting around . , so what I did was I used it on my Mobo's one of the chips heatsink but it was on top of 3 Caps touching both,.the chips sink and the caps, worked for a few days and stoped I only try doing that knowing aluminium will not make any electrycal contact with two components, but mobo died

:welcome:

How did you attach the heatsink to the chip? A line of thought might be that if you glued it on, the glue may not transmit heat thus the chip overheated?

From how I think it was described, they put a heatsink on top of a heatsink(?)....but touching caps? Not sure.

Would love a picture.... the user thanked my post, but didn't post a picture or elaborate/clarify so............... fingers are crossed we hear back.......................

From how I think it was described, they put a heatsink on top of a heatsink(?)....but touching caps? Not sure.

Would love a picture.... the user thanked my post, but didn't post a picture or elaborate/clarify so............... fingers are crossed we hear back.......................
Yep. English not the native language? (NOT a problem.) Hopefully they can help us help them. ;)

@Xeana Looking for more information please.

Back