• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Problems pairing RTX2070 with X58

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vissersven

Registered
Hello,
We are having issues with a
Asus rampage 2 extreme
Xeon x5675
and msi rtx2070 aero.

Im trying to finish my girlfriends computer. Due to a faulty 1070ti we got a new 2070 as replacement. Warranty deal.
The issue now is that the computer wont give any screen with the 2070 installed.
The card works just fine in my computer but not in hers.
I tested the system with other cards and they all work fine.
gtx 1050ti
gt 710
Radeon Hd4850 (only card with 6pin power needed, used to check if my psu was giving power. And it works on both psi power cables (2070 needs 1 8pin and 1 6pin))

Update:
tried a different psu. Almost brandnew 750w corsair r750mx and it didnt work.

Are there settings in the bios that i need to check or will it just not work.

Greetings Sven

Last edited:
What power supply is in that PC?

Its a Cooler master 700w silentpro 80plus. And i did test both pci-e powercables from the psu on the older hd4850. And thinking those cards were powerhungry (being older)
Next troubleshooting i was willing to try is take my corsair RM750x out of my case and test it in hers.

Ok i tried the corsair psu and it didnt work.

Last edited:
Does the computer still boot just no display? Or doesnt even POST?

We have the latest bios. When i got it it didnt work with the xeon. So 2 months ago it was updated.
The b2 version might be a thing. Im at work now, i will check it when home. Any idea were to find the version?

Ok this thread can be closed. It was indeed the motherboard. Exchanced it for a sabertooth and we are up and running. Took me some time because the whole build is hardline but its done. Weird that the rampage worked well with 1070ti before. But ok. I can start the overclock again, ill try to hit 4,5 again.

Back