• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with 1055T playing games.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CamperJM

Hello.

My friend told me to do a post here since I am having troubles playing some games.

Well basically when playing Battlefield 3, Bad company 2 or just any source game that involves guns.. They seem to handle worse than they should.
Or, They do handle worse than they should.. Hit detection seems off and bullets just fly everywhere and don't hit.

When I overclocked it all got better.. 2,8-3,4 is basically unplayable for me.. 3,5 seems to do the deal.. The problem is that I dont want to get another cooler cause it costs me money and I aint got that much money...

So... Is there a solution to my problem? Does any1 know what the hell I should do about this? Does any1 know what the hell is the cause of this?

(my frames are good, it's not an issue about frames)

Help would be appreciated!

How do you know you need another cooler? Did you monitor the core temps at 3.5 ghz? What cooler are you using now?

How do you know you need another cooler? Did you monitor the core temps at 3.5 ghz? What cooler are you using now?

Basically my temps were above 65 which they should not.. Not sure how I would get them lower than that without getting a newer and better cooler.

I don't know what cooler I have lol, but it's just a stock cooler. Used to have a water cooler but it broke..

Well, you could always jack up the AC!

Otherwise, there are some things that could help depending on how good these things already are:
1. Better case ventilation. Install more fans or get a better case that comes with lots of fans. That costs money too, however. What make and model of case do you have now? The ghetto way to do this is to take the case side panel off to give the CPU cooler fan better access to fresh, unwarmed air and even to get a household fan and set it to blow in the open case side. One thing to keep in mind is that if case ventilation is inadequate it will nullify the effectiveness of installing a better cooler. So sometime the first thing that needs to be done is to get a better case with good ventilation.

2. Redo the thermal paste application between the heatsink and the CPU face. Buy a good quality paste like Arctic Silver 5. Clean the old stuff off of the heatsink and CPU with a paper coffee filter moistened with rubbing alcohol. Put a small blob (between the size of a BB and a pea) in the center of the CPU face. Don't try to spread it, just lower the heatsink down and clamp it. Let the pressure of the clamping mechanism do the spreading. Sometimes this can help a lot or it may not help much, depending on how well it was done in the first place, but it's cheap.

3. Get some compressed air and blow out the heatsink (always stop the fan from turning when you do this so the bearings aren't ruined). This can work wonders if the heatsink is clogged with dust.

Where do you live? What is the temperature of the room where the computer is located? You can get a very good aftermarket heatsink for around $30 US if you live in the states (Coolermaster Hyper 212+ Evo).

Hello :D

It seems pointless asking if your problems started after BF3's last patch as your having the same problems in BFBC2.

And as i said to you before i'm not having those problems even if i run my x6 at stock.

It has to be something to do with your rig, and its not your juicy 6970 there is plenty of muscle in that.

At what point did you start experiencing these problems? have you installed any new software recently?

Some times background services can interfere with the game.
For example i have XAMPP installed on my rig which keeps MySQL ect... permanently running in the back ground, if i don't go in to the windows services manager and manually kill them BF3 starts rubber banding.

Also whats your ping like? a high ping = a laggy game which will affect hit detection.

If its not Internet or software related i would start from scratch with your overclock.

Go into the BIOS and simply reset everything back to default, usually you can do that simply by hitting F5 in the BIOS, save it and restart.

Try it after that full BIOS reset, see how it goes.

Also, as trents said, good cooler is not expensive, The CM Hyper 212 EVO will keep your CPU nice and cool, it also costs less than what you paid for that useless BF3 Premium :p or at least it does in the UK.

Edit, same with your GPU, is it an unlocked duel BIOS? is it overclocked? test it at stock, also test it as a 6950.

Last edited:
I started experiencing these problems all from the start when I had not even touched BIOS or anything related to overclocking.

I did not notice it before until I started recording..
Because my CPU has a "turbo mode" It went up to 3,3 ghz And I instantly saw a difference.

Uhm.. It's definitely not my ping, I can say that for sure. This isn't even close to be related to ping. I have 90 down 70 up. And I highly doubt DICE punishes people for having that internet connection.. No just no. They would not do that.

And as I said, it's not related to me doing something wrong with overclocking. It has been like this from the start when I bought the computer.

I started experiencing these problems all from the start when I had not even touched BIOS or anything related to overclocking.

I did not notice it before until I started recording..
Because my CPU has a "turbo mode" It went up to 3,3 ghz And I instantly saw a difference.

Uhm.. It's definitely not my ping, I can say that for sure. This isn't even close to be related to ping. I have 90 down 70 up. And I highly doubt DICE punishes people for having that internet connection.. No just no. They would not do that.

And as I said, it's not related to me doing something wrong with overclocking. It has been like this from the start when I bought the computer.

That also disables 4 of the 6 cores, so turbo runs in a dual core mode. So, with something like BC2 that may or may not be better.

BUT, with a source game? You should have ZERO issues running those. Source would put out good FPS on a damned toaster :p.

Let's start with the basics. Are your video drivers installed (without errors)? How about motherboard drivers?
What is your harddrive activity like during these times? I've had a few drives that during their dying phase would cause massive system hang ups, especially while gaming.

I don't know the command in frostbite, but if you open the developer console while playing a source engine game, you can type in cl -showfps 1 to have it display your frames per second in the upper corner of the screen. Do that and tell us what it does when you are in combat, and when you are idling.

How long ago did you install windows?

Edit: Also, was that temp a core reading or a socket reading? How certain are you of your motherboards sensors?
Edit 2: ALSO, are you able to see if your CPU fan is revving up when the CPU gets hotter? Maybe the damned thing isn't spinning like it should.

Last edited:
Back