• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Setup for Fortnite Streaming @2K/144Hz and The Witcher 3 Gaming @4K/60Hz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aquanimus

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have streamed before, but always with ****ty setups.*
Sadly I am also no computer geek, but I have had the fortune to accumulate some money.

My desire is to stream battle royale games like Fortnite, PUBG, Apex & such in crisp 1920x1080 with 144Hz on my monitor (for viewers 60 FPS should be fine). What I also would like to do is to kick back, turn the stream off and have myself a neat cinema experience on an awesome 4K monitor where I can play AAA titles and enjoy the world and story the developers have created for me, for which 60 FPS is enough, as I am playing offline & don't need those frames to compete with others.

I have 200K Download & 30K Upload.

My budget is about 3.000€ - 4.000€.*

Ohh, and I am in Germany, so I need to be able to buy these parts here.*

Can you recommend anything to me to achieve this? There are so many hardware items out there & I have literally no idea what will be good.

I appreciate your time a lot! If you need advice on your personal finance situation or your fitness/diet, I can give something back, just hit me up via pn.

Cheers,
Niklas aka Aquanimus

200 MB/s and 30MB/s internet?

When you say 2k, you mean 2560x1440, right (2k = 2048x1080)..

I dont know what is or isnt available for you, but if you cant wait a week to see when ryzen 3000 cpus come out, I'd grab a 2700x and a 2080ti for your needs.

Let us know if you can wait a bit (announcement on 27th, so we will know more about its release then)... :)

EDIT: Also, the monitors... are they part of this budget or just the PC bits (CPU, mobo, RAM, GPU, case, PSU)? What parts do you need exactly?

Last edited:
200 MB/s and 30MB/s internet?

When you say 2k, you mean 2560x1440, right (2k = 2048x1080)..

I dont know what is or isnt available for you, but if you cant wait a week to see when ryzen 3000 cpus come out, I'd grab a 2700x and a 2080ti for your needs.

Let us know if you can wait a bit (announcement on 27th, so we will know more about its release then)... :)

EDIT: Also, the monitors... are they part of this budget or just the PC bits (CPU, mobo, RAM, GPU, case, PSU)? What parts do you need exactly?

Yes, that is my internet speed.

Ohh, I can definetly wait one week, that is not an issue at all. I am in no rush. If need be, I can wait a few months as well, I just want a great system which works :)

The monitor would be part of the budget. But I could maybe go up to ~4500€ if need be. Would you want to use more than 1 monitor? Might be inconvenient to re position myself/the monitors depending on the game.

For parts I already have this, we could might re use:

For CPU cooler I currently use https://www.bequiet.com/de/cpucooler/1378

For the case I currently use https://www.bequiet.com/de/case/704

For power supply I was going to buy https://www.bequiet.com/de/powersupply/609 or the 850 W one

For storage I have a very common HDD, nothing fancy, I could replace that if need be. I think it's 1 TB, which for the last 5 years hasn't been an issue for me. For the SSD I have the Samsung SSD 840 EVO with 120 GB.

Thank you very much for your time and answer!

Well here is the thing... if you want 60 fps+ at 4k resolution with settings in high/ultra, you want a 2080ti.

As far a streaming and monitors, yes, ideally you want two. One for your game, one to have your streaming software/chat up.

CPU cooler and case can be reused...if we go ryzen make sure it has am4 mounting.

As far as that psu, 850w is overkill 750w is plenty, 650w is just fine (including overclocking if that is your thing). :)

Well here is the thing... if you want 60 fps+ at 4k resolution with settings in high/ultra, you want a 2080ti.

As far a streaming and monitors, yes, ideally you want two. One for your game, one to have your streaming software/chat up.

CPU cooler and case can be reused...if we go ryzen make sure it has am4 mounting.

As far as that psu, 850w is overkill 750w is plenty, 650w is just fine (including overclocking if that is your thing). :)

Alright, cool. Then I need to use the 2080ti.

I already have two monitors, so having another one for chat/software wouldn't be an issue, but I would prefer one main monitor for both 4K60 and 2K144 and not two seperate ones, if possible. But all I have seen where like 1200€+ and as I don't know anything about computers I didn't even know if they were any good.

That's great, it has AM4 mounting.

Okay, then I can just a 750W I assume. I would start overclocking once I my system doesn't have enough juice any more and the warranty is gone, so probably roughly 3 years after buying my new parts.

Truly you will probably be better purchasing separate monitors, because as you said a 4K144hz monitor will cost more, and then you won't even be using it at its native resolution.
For the high refresh rate, do you want 1080P or 1440P aka 2K? Or do you want to play at one and stream at another? Sorry I'm not familiar with all of the details for streaming.

Of course a 2080ti could do a nice job of playing at 4k over 60fps with current titles, but you probably won't be hitting 144fps.

For the high refresh rate monitor, I would suggest GSync or a FreeSync panel that will work well with nVidia. Before 2019, GSync worked with nVidia but FreeSync (an open source protocol) was only supported by AMD, however since nVidia has added limited Freesync support to their drivers. This is a huge benefit because Gsync would usually add $200 to the cost of a panel, due to the extra hardware and testing. However you would have to do some further research to see how well a particular Freesync panel is supported by the nVidia drivers before making a purchase.

And yes, as EarthDog said, wait for the 3000 series Ryzen CPUs. I don't know how many cores are beneficial for streaming, but probably at least 8. If more cores would be better, we expect the 3000 series to offer that as well.

Hey there!

Thank you so much for your feedback on my computer setup. I have posted about my inquiry in 10'ish forums and on reddit, but on reddit I have had more comments than on all forums combined, so I think it's best to just continue on reddit, because there are more people. Of course I am very thankful for your advices and would like to include you in the new discussion, if you'd like to contribute further. Thank you very much for your help! :)

Cheers,
Niklas

Back