• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with CPU-z

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

5ghzONair

Registered
Well a friend and I were laying with some ln2 and my A8-3870k, problem is that CPU-z will not Validate or open without a BSOD. PC Wizard 2012 will open but there is no validation, what to do ?

pro.png

pro2.png

Are you using the latest version of CPU-z? Does it not validate even at low/stock clocks?

Are you using the latest version of CPU-z? Does it not validate even at low/stock clocks?

Yes it's the latest version and yes with my normal overclock on air it validates and opens fine, seems to be problem with the scan preformed by CPU-z

Or the overclock isnt stable enough? Try backing off the clocks a bit and see if it will validate.

Or the overclock isnt stable enough? Try backing off the clocks a bit and see if it will validate.

Sadly my friend is from S. California and I don't personally have access to ln2, so it was a one time deal... I was hoping to gain the llano record, this bummed me out and now, i'm stuck on my H-80 @4.1

Im betting on not stable enough to capture the validation. Sucks.. Nice clocks though. :)

ty- maybe sometime i'll go for it again, but I don't know. My thoughts on clocks that high are nothing more than a pissing contest, I mean it would be different if you could play games at those clocks.

There are a lot of things to do at those clocks! About a dozen different benchmarks both 2d and 3d!

There are a lot of things to do at those clocks! About a dozen different benchmarks both 2d and 3d!

lol, well if I ever want to take the chance on frying my chip completely I'll up the voltage and runs some benches !:comp:

Back