• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problems with my Belkin Wireless router and reciver.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
I have Comcast cable and to get my bro on the internet, i have a Belkin Wireless router and a reciver for him. Yet its wierd my room is right next to his and the router is only like 10 feet away from the reciver and the signal is ohrrible, the thing keep disconnecting and only has 1 or 0 barrs for the signal strength.

I tried calling belkin, we updated the actuall Router itself and it didnt help at all. I brought the reciver i nmy room hooked it up to my pc to see if the signal would get better, (cuss the router and reciver were now next to eachother) and it was 100% signal and all barrs and everything, I mooved the thing like 3 feet away and the signal was cut in half.

Whats going on here? Before whe ni got the router and reciver we were living in a townhouse and my room was 3 floors above his and we had no problems with the signals.

sounds like theres an signal interference, possibly from another device?

Yea maybe but i dunno what, i have 2 Tv's in my room could it be that? or maybe my watercooling pump or something ? I dunno

well if other networks or signals interring your connection then they should be detect in the netowrk connection. So then we know that another connection is disturbng your connection. BY teh in wireless connection signal is loosing by 15% for each 1 foot away when u take the macines from the woreless router. (15% if i'm correct not very sure) And the angle the machine you've kept is also one thing to be considered about cause it may degrade the signal lenth. So lots of things to be checked out to identyfy the problem.

Back