• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with my Display..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mud

EDIT- i tried another monitor the problem presists, so its the GPU for sure, HELP! i dont know what the problem is.. even when i run stock speeds its still there :(

hey again.

got a problem guys, my display combo is Leadtek 7800GTX (iam using the OCed bios downloadable from leadtek site) & LG Flatron ez 19" CRT monitor, been going on well all the time.

lately iam facing a problem when iam playing any video on any program (starting from windows media player and ending with power dvd) each 10min or so the monitor goes crazy and the screen moves to the sides or up, or down, leaving a black area, but the pc keeps going on with no problems, in a couple of cases the monitor displayed a message "out of frequency".. same thing the pc didnt hang up or anything. when i change the settings (at the same moment) it goes back to normal, unless i keep playing videos for the next 10min, it comes back again.

ALL other applications are fine, gaming is very smooth, no artifacts or problems, been watching it for a week now.

iam thinking that its a monitor problem, so i tried to use many resolutions/refresh rates, normally i run my desktop @ 1600x1200 75hz (the max refresh rate the monitor can handle @ that resolution). havent tried the monitor on another card, nor the card on another monitor.

any inputs?

Last edited:
perhaps heat related? is the monitor backup up against a wall or covered up at the top?

Otherwise it sounds like its loosing it sync settings. Its a very strange problem. The only thing to do as far as i see it is to test the monitor on a different card, and test a different screen on your card. Also dose the monitor have any drivers? perhaps you need to install/reinstall them if you do.

heat is not the issue, ive already thought of that and it was quite cool, as for space, it has plenty of space around it from all sides.

whats really strange is, WHY does it only happen on media players (full screen only btw)!!! only on that mode it will happen and frequently..

as for drivers, i tried the default windows drivers and the drivers from the site, and the drivers that came with it, still, the same thing.

i tried another monitor the problem presists, so its the GPU for sure, HELP! i dont know what the problem is.. even when i run stock speeds its still there

Back