• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Production taken a hit.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hamm3r

The P5B-Deluxe just died on me 2 days ago.
Ive never had this kind of problem on any board until now. A month or 2 ago when I replaced my 630 p4 with a E4300 the board wouldn't boot, i figured out maybe it needs a bios flash so I put the old CPU back in and again no boot. That had me worried, I swapped the memory between the slots trying every possible combination and after 3-4hours I managed to boot with only one stick of RAM.
It worked ok but if I tried to put in another stick it simply wouldn't boot any longer. I figured out maybe the stick somehow died and I intended to RMA the memory, but before I sent it I tried one more time and it booted ok and passed memtest without any problems! lol? The system worked flawlessly, until now.
I bought Radeon X1950pro, plugged it in and again no boot. :( :(. Put in my old card back and it doesn't work any more, tried swapping ram, graphics card, PSU, anything and no go. The board is dead this time for good.

Just RMAed the damn thing, it would take atleast a week before I get a new one. Until then most of my production will be down, with ony an old p4 doing Seti. I don't even have a comp now, posting this from my roommates comp. :(.
Anyway crunch on.

Sorry to hear that you are having Asus mobo problems, Hamm3r. Hopefully you will get good replacement when you RMA your mobo to Asus. I have an Asus board that I have to RMA myself, a P5N-E SLI. It just won't run stable for anything. It will boot and run ok for a while, then just black screens and eventually won't even boot at all. But if you pull power from the board for a day or so, it will go through the whole cycle again.:temper: I bought a Gigabyte DS3 to replace it in that rig but I will be needing a C2D board in the next month or 2 for an upgrade to my daughter's computer, hence having to RMA it.

Back