• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: "Final Phase"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crfracer290

Ok, well I have always wanted to have my own project log and with the holidays coming up I am going to be doing some upgrading and system changes (like I need it:rolleyes: ).

After I finish with this project (hopefully by the end of the year) then I hope to settle down with my computer and start paintballing again; Hence the name Final Phase:beer:

The Components:

Case/CPU Cooling- Lian Li V2000 with Jinu117 Single Stage-Ordered and being built
CPU- Core 2 Duo 6700- Need to order
Motherboard-Asus P5B Deluxe-ordered
RAM- Crucial 10th Anniversary D9s

GPU-eVGA 8800GTX-Ordered, arrives Tuesday
GPU Cooling- Swiftech MCR220:WB- Unknown: MCP655-DD Maze4 Chipset.- Have
PSU:Silverstone Zeus 560W-Have
Display- 2X Dell 2007wfp-Have one, other comes tommorow
Storage: 2X Seagate 320 Perps for RAID 0-Will sell Raptor and purchase these

I am just going to take it step-by-step and hopefully I will have all the stuff by the end of the year and I can stop upgrading like crazy until summer.:santa:

Last edited:
Ok little update just for my health since no one seems to interested (lack if pics I guess)...

8800gtx is ordered and ETA is Tuesday
P5B deluxe is also purchased and should arrive about Tuesday as well

Ram is G.Skill D9's 2GB

Once I start getting stuff in I will post some pics. :)

That sys is going to be INSANE!!

Good luck.

EDIT: BTW way your not gonna get a 680i? Ive seen people hitting 525 FSB and stock vcore with that board

Yeah, I though about the 680i and some people have hitting good FSB and some have been not, I will wait for RD600 to get underway (BTW when is that expected) and then I might pick one up. I dont plan on SLI anytime soon (might change) so unless the 680 proves to be a better OCer and have faster clock for clock speeds, I will stay with the P5B-D for the time being...then again I might want some e-peen and end up buying pretty soon. :)

Ok got a few pics of some WC stuff.

DD Maze 4 Chipset block...Its cute!

mcr001.jpg

mcr002.jpg

Swiffy MCR220

mcr003.jpg

I would reccomend making a thin metal plate to go over the top of you acrylic topped maze becuase those mounting tabs break very easily. Trust me I had one break and lost a MSI k8n neo2 to it.

Other than that looks like a pretty smokin system.

Incredible.

Am I the only one who noticed a 3rd set of wheels on his case? This thing is going to be a beast!

Back