• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Frag's Box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nice setup

too bad so few games support multiple monitors

but i dont think you can do tri sli with the 8800gts 512's, might be off on this, so if someone could confirm it

I didn't build the computer for gaming, I built it for web design which I do for school and otherwise. The answer to your tri sli with those cards is no, but I wanted to have three monitors and to be able to play some games here and there. My plan with the three cards is to have two in sli for the games going to one monitor and the third card to run the other two monitors. Some might say that the card I chose for the other two monitors was overkill or unecessary but I believe it keeps the colors closer together which is important to me. I also bought all 3 monitors at once for the same color reason. Thanks again for all the wonderfull comments!

Ryan

Nice update. That looks like a sweet setup for a desk. After looking over on some of the mod/case forums I am seriously considering taking on a new desk project that would integrate the computer and more importantly the associated cables. Hard having kids and pets around come time for PC upgrades and mods ;). Cables dangling just call to them.

its going to be really interesting to see your water cooling setup completed, looks like its going to be tight inside that little case.

Looks good .

One question though. The 4 holes you put in the motherboard tray for watercooling... how do you fit the tubes through the motherboard? (I am guessing this is something really obvoiuos I am missing)

http://www.illusioncustomdesigns.com/pics/computer/19.png

The four holes are so I don't have to remove the motherboard from the case when I have to put the waterblock on. I will have access to the screws.

Thanks,
Ryan

Back