• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: My Old- School Project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbloudg20

I have decided that I want to take on a new project. However, as I am in school and unemployed, it must be cheap. So I've decided on building an oldschool "super computer"

I just picked up a PII 400 and a VooDoo 2 SLI setep.

Here are my plans:
Pelt the PII. I have picked up a 66watt pelt, and an upgraded PII heatsink. I'm hoping the sink will cool the pelt enough.

Custom sink on the SLI cards, and hope to clock them up a bit.

Obtain an older, server case (and mod it :clap: ) just for the oldschool feel.

I am trying to pick up a decent motherboard for cheap, that will allow me to overclock. After all what good is a TEC if I dont overclock it :santa:

Any ideas here?

I was going to suggest making a catapult with hot glue and popsicle sticks but umm your idea is good too j/k. But I have a question actually were all pII unlocked, cause I oc an old pII some time ago but raising the multi, but now on a different pc I wasn't able to do the same, it's a 450mhz pII. sorry for the threadjack but I didn't want to start a whole new thread.

jbloudg20 said:
I have decided that I want to take on a new project. However, as I am in school and unemployed, it must be cheap. So I've decided on building an oldschool "super computer"

I just picked up a PII 400 and a VooDoo 2 SLI setep.

Here are my plans:
Pelt the PII. I have picked up a 66watt pelt, and an upgraded PII heatsink. I'm hoping the sink will cool the pelt enough.

Custom sink on the SLI cards, and hope to clock them up a bit.

Obtain an older, server case (and mod it :clap: ) just for the oldschool feel.

I am trying to pick up a decent motherboard for cheap, that will allow me to overclock. After all what good is a TEC if I dont overclock it :santa:

Any ideas here?

that sounds like a good idea, but i dont think youll be able to get that proc too far even w/a pelt... back in the day when these were the best i think the highest this model got was 467mhz or so and the issue was not the heat... Then again, i could be wrong! :p

Since you will be using SD ram and they are slow, youll be lucky to get a board that will use pc133 (as opposed to pc100) so that will limit your OC there, unless you can get a good multi out of it. But I think thats a cool idea, go for it and keep us updated.

Thanks all!
I'm really not loking to great a ground breaking overclock, just something fun to play with and to admire some old hardware.

Oh and from what I read, not all teh Pentium 2's are unlocked. There is a post here, that tells you how to unlock them.

Yeah I'll work on mine when I get it, but I'm thinking I may get a PIII. I dont know yet. I'm waiting for a motherboard. Its hard because my budget is so low for this project, so I have to be patient.

Back