• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: The Chrome Goat... total system mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
*scrapes vokaar up off the floor and gives him a swift kick in the pants*
:D

Do what ya gotta do man, but I think you know how we feel about this mod! ;)
Glad to see you're still alive and kickin' though! :clap:

I would love to see this one finished. Its truely a piece of work so far, and i know it will be amazing when its done. You could even enter some case mod contests (newegg for example) to try and win some new gear for it?!

I think this guy needs someone with fully functioning limbs to work for him. Kind of a master blaster type setup. So anyone who's local needs to step up ^_^

Vonkaar, it's great to see life is settling down. When things go crazy it's always nice to take some time off. But even as you have said, you can become lazy. It would really be a shame to see all that time and money just go to waste. Hope to see things start to move again soon.
Vonkaar said:
Freaking hell... this reads like a damned blog post. Now I'm missing it all and I want to go work on it again.
I have to say it did start to sound like a blog, but I don't care, I (like many others) just want to see the thing finished! :p

:shrug:
Take care man!

Burdman

Vonkarr, I usually catch myself in your position on Sundays. After a long week of stressful work and test preping for school, I just want ot sit back and sleep allllll day. Then when the week starts up, I regret not doing something on that Sunday. Yesterday I put up Christmas lights on the house outside. I wish I could have built my entertainment stand for my consoles, but meh. After you actually finish something, not really wanting to do it the whole time, you feel much more satisfied. I hope this puts some insight into your modding days. :)

Just for the record... I've really been trying to focus on this ever since my last post. I've been cleaning out the garage to make room on the work bench.

I did a little inventory of the parts... sorted them out... I even made a scratch pad full of 'things to do'. Hopefully ya'll can follow along with this rambling.

- figure out management method for LED wires for side panels
- possibly completely redo wiring because it looks like crap after sitting in storage for a while
- more layers of paint on side panel A
- painting on side panel B
- bending sides for side panel B
- wiring the LEDs on panel B (and possibly A, if I decide to redo it)
- finish MB tray. LEDs and paint job on tray
- build HDD rack ;)
- make final decision on the TEC chiller; I've kind of thought of dropping this in favor of a 'more normal' system installation
- start cutting and bending for rad mount (top panel)
- paint job and LED installation on top panel
- install mounts for side panels
- install mount for top panel
- build the WC 'box' ;)
- build the electronics 'box' ;)
- feed the gorilla
- build all of the accessory plates, paint and LED them
- build the back panel for the MB tray
- begin cuts for the front panels
- continue work on the front panels :cry:
- keep working on the front panels
- resist temptation to play whatever new game is out by this time (mid 2012)
- begin hating life
- finish front panels
- mounts for front panels
- revel in my genius
-
-
-
-
-
- oh God, finish the freaking nixie thermometer ( WILL NOT TOUCH THIS UNTIL THIS POINT - THIS IS THE MAIN REASON WHY I BURN OUT ON THIS PROJECT )
- 'accessorize'
- install
- take pictures
- sell on Ebay for $24.50 + $390 s/h
- cry

Hey everyone. I just wanted to let ya'll know that production IS back in full swing. Two weekends ago, I unpacked everything and set up my work bench. This weekend, I started the bends and paint job for the front panel. I'm still at least another weekend away from a real update, but I had my girlfriend take some pictures to PROVE that I'm not just blowing smoke...

010806-work0.jpg

010806-work1.jpg

You can't see very much, but that's just me... holding a couple of panels... lots and lots more to come. The little guy... I'm seriously thinking of getting the pre-bend pieces cut professionally. It's a HUGE pain in the ***, and I have to make... a few. You'll see ^_^.

YEAAAAAHHHHHHH

I had allmost lost faith. i added this to my subscribed threads hoping you would come back! welcome back man!

vonkaar said:
Hey everyone. I just wanted to let ya'll know that production IS back in full swing. Two weekends ago, I unpacked everything and set up my work bench. This weekend, I started the bends and paint job for the front panel. I'm still at least another weekend away from a real update, but I had my girlfriend take some pictures to PROVE that I'm not just blowing smoke...

010806-work0.jpg

010806-work1.jpg

You can't see very much, but that's just me... holding a couple of panels... lots and lots more to come. The little guy... I'm seriously thinking of getting the pre-bend pieces cut professionally. It's a HUGE pain in the ***, and I have to make... a few. You'll see ^_^.

I could have sworn someone said that you died ;)

Glad to see you made it back bro...... I'm looking forward to seeing this project come together after such a long time. :thup:

Back