• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Projector Bottlenecks the monitors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knoober

Here's my issue guys,.... I picked up a couple of 20 in monitors to replace the ones that arrived poorly a few weeks back. They are Acer P205h's to be exact. I had to give up some screen property, but now I have working monitors :) But..... I'm getting bottleneck ed by a projector I have added into the system. Here is the set up: a PowerColor HD 7850 with one dvi port headed to one monitor and the other running to a dvi splitter with the other monitor and the projector (NEC VT 595 recommended resolution 1024 x 768) . In the past I have used the CCC to add the resolutions I needed (with a few sets of generic monitors on through the recently deceased Dell e2310hc) and all has been excellent. I would have to adjust the resolution down to a viewable level when using the projector (which is usually off - hence not a problem to have the monitor it shares a connection with at a higher resolution). But now I'm getting a problem where I don't have any resolutions to choose from the the projector connected monitor. Also I cannot add in the resolution I am trying g to get (1600 x 900).

I have tried a tutorial that suggests editing the registry to add custom resolution
Also I made sure to be using dual link dvi cables (made that mistake a different time)

Is there a better way to set this up? I don't recall if the projector has hdmi support, but I suppose I could have the projector separate.... I'm just stumped.

Use an HDMI->DVI cable to add it and see if that does the trick

Not a half bad idea, I thought I was going to have to get a long hdmi cord. I'd forgotten about adapters! Much simpler.

Now I seem to remember reading g something that said only certain ports could be used when using multiple cards (ie you don't get video from all the ports) is there a similar limitation with one card (am I stuck using 1 dvi and 1 hdmi or can I use 2 x dvi + 1 hdmi) ?

Edit: found 1 that is hdmi to dvi-i.... Tougher than I thought. Lots of dvi-d adapters

Last edited:
Back