• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ps3, bf3, and connection issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gregers05

so i couple days ago, i was playing bf3 on the ps3 and was it the middle of a game and got kicked out due to the network connection being lost with the server. this happened after about an hour and a half of playing. called it quits for the night and didnt think much of it.

now the last couple days i have tried to play i am not even in the server for 2 mins before i get kicked out for the same thing. whats the deal?

anyone know how i can fix it?

i have had no problems playing halo4 on the xbox, so my internet is working?

i would go into the settings on the ps3 and run the network test and see if it says (something like) type 1,type 2, type 3 something along those lines anything besides type 1 is considered being effected by your router, you'll want to ad your ps3 to DMZ on your router.

i would go into the settings on the ps3 and run the network test and see if it says (something like) type 1,type 2, type 3 something along those lines anything besides type 1 is considered being effected by your router, you'll want to ad your ps3 to DMZ on your router.

hmmm thanks. i did the network test and i dont remember what type it ended up saying but i think it was type 2 maybe. not sure why it is just now starting to have issues though. I have been playing it 11 months without an issue.

might be a dumb question but what is DMZ?

sorry for the slow reply been leveling up in the new COD and haven't had a chance to pop in here.
DMZ is basically a separate network the router will set up that bypasses the router's firewall settings (reason you have type 2 connection)
if your not comfortable setting your ps3 up with DMZ you could just do port forwarding for it

HERE is a video to show you how to do both:)

Back