• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS3 or 360 now that prices are even?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PS3 would be my vote, I appreciate free MP but not when the network is horrible. If they could fix there Online aspect....maybe they can lead the top, especially with there reduction in price.

Wanna make a note about the supposed 'bad online' with PS3.
I have been playing the MAG Beta and have experienced no lag so far. Yes there has been a few disconnects but they have been due to Zipper fixing problems. But absolutely no lag, and this is with 256 players in the same game.

Again. No lag, 256 player.

Wanna make a note about the supposed 'bad online' with PS3.
I have been playing the MAG Beta and have experienced no lag so far. Yes there has been a few disconnects but they have been due to Zipper fixing problems. But absolutely no lag, and this is with 256 players in the same game.

Again. No lag, 256 player.

Oh wow... I forgot I was even in the beta!

Thanks for reminding me! :)

Anytime Rain, maybe I'll catch you playing it during the week.
I noticed you were downloading/updating it, but I haven't seen you play yet. lol

The only reason to own a 360 IMO is forza 3, if your not planning on playing that then get a PS3, since it's better in every way with the exception of simulation racing titles available for it.

Ya for show getting the PS3 any day now! Got the money just got to run to the store.

For me on the east coast, the times are 1pm to 3pm and 8pm to 12pm.
Damn scheduled times. lol

Annnnnnnnd it's down on the Weekends too!

Another waste of my time. I'm never going to get to play this damned game.

is the MAG beta open ? how does one get in ?

No. It's a closed beta. The only way to get in is to keep an eye on the gaming news sites and watch for when they're giving them away. Either that or knowing somebody that has an extra key.

The MAG beta sounds like the MGS beta, everytime I could play the servers were down, everytime I could play and it was up it was a huge patch. When I did get to play at the end of beta, the lag was so horrible. Needless to say, I never played it

So is it worth getting a refurbished 360 at gamestop for $150, knowing how bad the systems break?

HELL NO! What's wrong with you?!?! :p

http://www.squaretrade.com/htm/pdf/SquareTrade_Xbox360_PS3_Wii_Reliability_0809.pdf

Refurbs aren't even covered under Microsoft's 3 year RROD warranty. So you would probably have to buy a Gamestop warranty... which would bring the price right up to getting a new system... which... as all have stated, is rather pointless now. (Unless you want to play Fable 2 or something.)

The MAG beta sounds like the MGS beta, everytime I could play the servers were down, everytime I could play and it was up it was a huge patch. When I did get to play at the end of beta, the lag was so horrible. Needless to say, I never played it

Damn! I forgot I had MGS4! Thanks for reminding me!

I was in that beta too. Never played it nearly as much as I would've liked. (The registration was a gigantic pain in the ***.)

I remember having a little fun with it though.. no wait... I don't remember it much at all.

HELL NO! What's wrong with you?!?! :p

http://www.squaretrade.com/htm/pdf/SquareTrade_Xbox360_PS3_Wii_Reliability_0809.pdf

Refurbs aren't even covered under Microsoft's 3 year RROD warranty. So you would probably have to buy a Gamestop warranty... which would bring the price right up to getting a new system... which... as all have stated, is rather pointless now. (Unless you want to play Fable 2 or something.)

Damn! I forgot I had MGS4! Thanks for reminding me!

I was in that beta too. Never played it nearly as much as I would've liked. (The registration was a gigantic pain in the ***.)

I remember having a little fun with it though.. no wait... I don't remember it much at all.

Actually the pro verisons that come with two wireless remotes are under a 1 year MS warrenty. When i was shopping for one that seemed to be the best deal at least from a store. But i went with a 20 gig pro from a guy off craigslist with 2 wireless remotes and 2 games. So far thing runs great and don't get very hot.

Anyway i love 360 first console since basicly dreamcast and i like it so much im going to buy a elite (for the hdmi bigger hd etc) come tax season :) hand this one off to my kid.

Actually the pro verisons that come with two wireless remotes are under a 1 year MS warrenty. When i was shopping for one that seemed to be the best deal at least from a store. But i went with a 20 gig pro from a guy off craigslist with 2 wireless remotes and 2 games. So far thing runs great and don't get very hot.

Anyway i love 360 first console since basicly dreamcast and i like it so much im going to buy a elite (for the hdmi bigger hd etc) come tax season :) hand this one off to my kid.

I would have both consoles if I had more cash when I picked up my PS3.

That said... I really don't think I missed much. I hate halo and they eventually came out with Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 for the PS3. That and Dead Rising 2 will be multiplatform... so what's the point?

the only game i wish I had a 360 for is Fable 2, I really loved the first one. Wish Fable 2 would come out on the PC. Like the first did.

the only game i wish I had a 360 for is Fable 2, I really loved the first one. Wish Fable 2 would come out on the PC. Like the first did.

I was very disappointed in it. Mostly because Molyneaux really overhyped it and all the things he touted was utter BS. Not to spoil anything but the multiple endings come down to picking one of three cards. Anything and everything you do in the game up until that point doesn't matter a bit. Just pick a freaking card.

i just watched the fable 2 ending online, i am not sure what to say, it was bad in a different way.

As far as which one is the better buy, just base on what comes with the console, IMHO, PS3 hands down. Blu-ray player alone is a min $100 - $150 value. Wifi is another min $50. As for the free online gaming, that is actually debatable. Sorry to hear you have problems with MS charging you again. What you should have done is just buy those cards instead of using your credit card. I also heard it's a pain to cancel xbox live. Anyway, besides that point, if you want to have a better gaming library, and better online gaming experience, Xbox is the way to go.

Exclusive games is also another debatable issue too. Xbox has this, PS3 has that...... etc.

Just base on what you said so far, I think PS3 is a better fit for you. It did take PS3 a long time to start picking up the pace. I think they should have lower the price last Christmas.

Back