• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ps3 or Dual CPU - Circuit of Watercooling the good Méthod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoeyRex

Sorry for script dialogue, I am French !
883548PS3CircuitviableduWatercoolingDoubleCPUWEB.jpg

It's better in series than parallel. In parallel, the flow rate is cut in half for each block and most blocks these days are optimized for higher flow rate.

The graphic is technically inaccurate, because in modern water cooling loops the flowrate is high enough that the temperature from the hottest to coldest point in the loop varies minimally. The important factor in water cooling is maintaining the average temperature of the loop.

I'm not sure if you already have the waterblocks or not, but they do make a single block that covers both CPU and GPU on the PS3. Though you have to make sure you buy the appropriate block as there is a difference between the original and the slim versions of the console.

Need a really strong head pressure pump for parallel configurations. I'd run them in series personally, CPU's don't produce THAT much heat. It's the GPU's you have to worry about.

Back