• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU died, why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ha, whoops, I was thinking M12II. Sorry about that. The M12II is the same platform, but modular.

Hey guise
I did get the "PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk III"
Works perfectly fine, not getting hot, and 100% silent.
-Wolfdawg's reviews

Just one problem. I have to use a 2x molex to 6 pin adapter
while reading on amazon the specs, did not see the little text at the end saying this was the 600watt model, so mine just came with 1x 6pin.

I have an open port thingy on the PSU for 6 pin, just not the cable
Is there any difference/benefit for using the modular cable and not an adapter?

Would like to know, so I can buy a modular 6 pin cable.
Thanks for everything so far.

You should have two 6+2P cables. One hardwired and one modular cable in the sack.
http://www.funkykit.com/component/c...cooling-silencer-mk-iii-600w-psu.html?start=2
If you don't, contact PC Power and Cooling and see if they'll send you one.

okay the problem with my sentence is
1. I forgot to mention I have the 400watt
2. I pretty much implied i don't have the 600watt, but wasn't specific
amazon used the 600watt cables in the specs of the 400watt

I guess ill go ahead and get the 6 pin I need, because I don't plan on buying a fan controller anytime soon and I need the molex for the fans. (without causing all the clutter from the splitter)

I was just curious if there was any problems/downside to using this 6 pin adapter.

Ooohhhhh yeah I read that wrong, sorry.

No problems/downsides to the adapter, other than it using a couple Molex plugs.

FWIW, HardOCP summed it up nicely (albeit brutally). :)

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/12/17/diablotek_phd650_650w_power_supply_review/9

The Bottom Line

With the PHD650, Diablotek seemingly tried to polish a turd with a turd and as such we got the expected outcome, a pile of crap. Given the horrible build quality of the unit and poor component selection of the unit that is hardly a startling result. With a current price of ~$49.99, users would be better off taking their cash and setting it on fire rather than buying this unit. There is quite literally no price point or situation where the Diablotek PHD650 should be a consideration for users as it failed almost every test possible today. Retailers and e-tailers should be ashamed to be selling such a product.

Back