• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU Intake temperature

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WreckWren

Registered
I'm putting together a water cooled rig soon, and it looks like to get the big rad in I will have to run the air from one fan directly into the Power Supply. This will either be a Corsair AX1200 or XFX 1000w Pro.

Could anyone help me out by telling me if the warm air from the rad will do any damage to the PSU? It will be running at about 600-800w MAXIMUM.

Been googling this for a while to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any advice! :thup:

The air should only be a few degrees Celsius above room temperature, which should be no problem for that unit especially at that load.

The air should only be a few degrees Celsius above room temperature, which should be no problem for that unit especially at that load.

Does the fact that the fan that'll be blowing into it be the fan on an SR1 560, opposite end from the inlet/outlet? I'd imagine it would be coolest there but just worried if the fact that it's a "silence optimized" rad would affect the temps of the air?

If that's not a problem then it's all sorted! :D

EDIT: Sorry that was very convoluted, it's really hard to explain.

I don't understand how you will have the fans setup. As long as it isn't going against the internal fan, you will be fine.

Back