• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump selection help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steebi

Hello,

I'm currently in the middle of planning my custom watercooling loop and i'm unsure on my pump selection.

My current loot will be:

Reservoir
pump
radiator (340mm)
CPU
VRM
N-Bridge
radiator (240mm)
gtx 970
gtx 970

Will one pump work for this and which one. Thanks in advance.

Hello Nebulous

The main reason for cooling the VRM and Chipset is purely for looks. Since im using a 'Sebertooth 990fx r2' motherboard they don't make premade water blocks, so I was going to give modifying a go :). so a single D5 pump would easily power this setup?

Hello,

I'm currently in the middle of planning my custom watercooling loop and i'm unsure on my pump selection.

My current loot will be:

Reservoir
pump
radiator (340mm)
CPU
VRM
N-Bridge
radiator (240mm)
gtx 970
gtx 970

Will one pump work for this and which one. Thanks in advance.

As the others have said. The NB/VRM block is not going to produce the results you want, not with just room temp air.
In your list you have (2) two rads in your loop. If you remove the NB/VRM block, are you still going with 2 rads??????
What kind of res are you looking at???? BAY, Floor of computer, or the free floating look.

Free Floating Res - 1280x1024.jpg

What kind of case is this going in???????

IMO I would go with a bay res with 2 variable speed D5 (3.7m head pressure) MCP655/VPP655 pumps. This gives you room to expand ( Do you wish to cool your ram, add a 3rd vid card, have the option to have the rads located outside of case, Ect, Ect)

Well, it all depends on what case, how much room, what else you're going to be pulling in, in the loop and what delta temps and sound you're aiming or.

:welcome: to OCFs btw.

Back