• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Punch down SATA power connectors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hitokiri_808

Anybody know the cheapest place to buy the punch down SATA power connectors? Cheapest place I found was jab-tech, but I was looking to buy a bag of 100. Performance PCs also carrys them, but at a buck a pop. I DO NOT want the ones where you have to crimp the pins onto a wire and shove into the connector. I like the 90 degree pass through ones you just press the wire in it. The plan is to make custom length cables that power 4 drives off a molex. Here's an example, the last picture.

So anybody know where I can buy a big bag of them for cheap?

jab-tech was the cheapest i could find .. I was hoping there would be a bulk option, but no avail :(

omg dude i have been looking for something like this for so long!! thanks a lot

but why would you want 100 of them ?!? i would only need 6 lol

I buy mine from Performance PC's as linked in your original thread. $1/ea is not too bad, and well worth the benefits in multi-drive setups IMNSHO...

I want to buy a 100 because it SHOULD be cheap like these 3 pin fan and molex. I do have a lot of HDs though, and it would be nice to just have some around for future use. Its not like sata power is going to be phased out soon.

Because I would probably steal quite a bit of them from him too

lmao must be nice....i need a computer modding buddy to take stuff from too :p

hey how many hdd's do you think i can put on a single "rail"

i was looking to put 3 mechanical and 2 ssd's maybe even my dvd burner to really get rid of all the cables...

lmao must be nice....i need a computer modding buddy to take stuff from too :p

hey how many hdd's do you think i can put on a single "rail"

i was looking to put 3 mechanical and 2 ssd's maybe even my dvd burner to really get rid of all the cables...

I dunno you might need a more powerful PSU... The one you have sucks. :soda:

Nah should be more than fine

My rig changes too much for a sig. Mine is almost identical to yours except that i run a i7 960 and inwinn commander 1200w psu from okalahoma wolf

Btw I wasnt knocking your psu, my comment was heavily laden with sarcasm, youre running one of the best psu's available

My rig changes too much for a sig. Mine is almost identical to yours except that i run a i7 960 and inwinn commander 1200w psu from okalahoma wolf

Btw I wasnt knocking your psu, my comment was heavily laden with sarcasm, youre running one of the best psu's available

oh i know you were being sarcastic lol dont worry about it

Back