• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pushing for 3600MHz on mobo limitation?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hotrod2go

Registered
Hi all,
Recently I have been trying to get my Patriot viper steel series 3733MHz 2x8GB kit to 3600MHz with my current 16-18-18-39 main timings at its now current 3533MHz.
I know it's not much, but it's a challenge! :D
Issue is my MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC mobo has official support for only 3466MHz with pinnacle ridge cpus, yet I am able to run 3533MHz (memtest86+, memtest64, PCMark10, 3D Mark's - Firstrike & Timespy stress test pass all OK) also, atm daily gaming with this 3533MHz speed is all good so far.
From what I've read around the enthusiasts websites here n' there, raising the SOC volts should help?
Thinking I"ve probably reached the limits of my 2600X IMC with 3600 speed maybe?

Any advice on this challenge much appreciated.

Btw, 1.7 bios is installed, this is the latest available & that's for support of 3000 series more or less.

It would be helpful if you could post the full system specs, or place them into your signature.

What is your SOC voltage set to now? Auto? My 2600X took 1.2V to hit 3600MHz on the ram.

It would be helpful if you could post the full system specs, or place them into your signature.

What is your SOC voltage set to now? Auto? My 2600X took 1.2V to hit 3600MHz on the ram.

Hi,
I've already listed them in my profile under "Additional Information" > "Your System". But no problem, can list them in signature too.

Everything is on auto except [email protected]. Main ram timings are manually adjusted.
PBO is manually set & maxed out but not sure if this is relevant to ram performance.

Last edited:
Ryzen 2k series won't make much more than 3466-3600 stable. Most higher results around the web are not stable. In short if memory can't boot at 3600 at auto timings, 1.2V SoC and 1.4V VDIMM then probably it won't work like that.
Stability and overall memory overclocking highly depends on used BIOS. Not always the latest is the best.

Ryzen 2k series won't make much more than 3466-3600 stable. Most higher results around the web are not stable. In short if memory can't boot at 3600 at auto timings, 1.2V SoC and 1.4V VDIMM then probably it won't work like that.
Stability and overall memory overclocking highly depends on used BIOS. Not always the latest is the best.

Yes, that seems to be the case with Pinnacle ridge IMC but honestly, I am surprised that I could even run 3533 on my mobo that only has official support for 3466 & I only had to manually enter 1.36v & adjust main timings.
Like most Overclockers, I'm probably being too ambitious with this gear. :)
On Auto, I notice according to HWinfo, my SOC is setting itself to 1.13-14 for 3533 to be stable for daily gaming.

Back