• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 @ 4.0GHz on air!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No guts no glory I suppose! 3-5c ambient...I bet it's a ton of fun typing and working a mouse with gloves on.

pics of the rig

Just thought I'd show you how my rig looks these days! I'm now using 4 Scythe Slipstream 1900RPM fans hooked up to my fan controller. For everyday use they stay at 7V (about 950rpm) where they are nice and quiet. Whenever I want to do any extreme OCing/benching I crank the suckers up for 111 CFM each!
I have one used for front intake, one on the CPU HS, one in the rear for exhaust, and one on the HR-03 Plus to cool the GTX.

IMG_2775.jpg

IMG_2779.jpg

IMG_2781.jpg

IMG_2783.jpg

IMG_2784.jpg

IMG_2786.jpg

My newest mod was to cut out a hole in the motherboard tray in order to change CPU coolers without removing the motherboard...best mod in a while!

IMG_2687.jpg

I also swapped the fan in my PSU again! I was using a Yate Loon, but after learning more about the disadvantages of cheap sleeve bearing designs, I decided a ball bearing modle would make more sense. Also, I've been pushing my rig harder and harder (really getting into OCing these days), I wanted something slightly faster in there. Based on those facts, the most logical replacement would be the Scythe S-Flex F 1600rpm model...I'm amazed how well this 500W PSU has performed for me over the years.

IMG_2785.jpg

looking good there MIAHALLEN.....you up for sunday OC'ing on the newly returned from RMA 680i or???

Still not sure about Sunday. What about tomorrow, my wife is leaving for a few hours with Ethan for a B-day party? A couple things, we'll need a 2nd PSU + jumper cable...and I guess we'd do a bench build???

Great looking build you have there MIAHALLEN. Matching GPU & CPU cooler appearances are a nice touch.

Still not sure about Sunday. What about tomorrow, my wife is leaving for a few hours with Ethan for a B-day party? A couple things, we'll need a 2nd PSU + jumper cable...and I guess we'd do a bench build???

If we do this today it has to be late in the day....I have a honey do list about two miles long.

No need jumper...board ahs power and reset switches built in just for these sorts of sessions. But PSU will be needed, I think I gave my last spare away and it wasn't well suited for two 8800GTXs....I did find another HD, SATA II drive WD 320GB, so that is covered. Also need some spare ram....dang maybe we ahve to wait for a better time. I'll try and get two sticks of some cheap DDR2 6400 or something.

Dude you are nuts! :D And I mean that in a good way :) That's some crazy OC. I want that on my Q6600, but stable and cool :D lol

Back