• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 Is a No Go! (not literally)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol trust me iv tried everything...im not stupid...it seems, set in hard cold stone, that the mobo wont accept overclocking past 2.7ghz,

Vid:1.3

BN: L804B224

chk these details out, i ahve about £245 to spare, but i opriginally wanted to replace my 8800gtx with a new gfx card hopfully a radeon 4870. i guess i could sell my mobo and my 8800 to cover the cost of a new mobo..cos overclocking theoretically to about 3.4 - 3.6 ghz would be fantastic and very good use of q6600. Although saying all these puts fear into my mind that it might be my cpu also (dud?) if i get new mobo will it overclock a whole better?

lol trust me iv tried everything...im not stupid...
You don't have to be stupid to miss 1 or 2 small things that might be holding you back. Also, you may have tried some things in combination that didn't work that lead you to the wrong conclusion.

lol trust me iv tried everything...im not stupid...it seems, set in hard cold stone, that the mobo wont accept overclocking past 2.7ghz,

Vid:1.3

BN: L804B224

chk these details out, i ahve about £245 to spare, but i opriginally wanted to replace my 8800gtx with a new gfx card hopfully a radeon 4870. i guess i could sell my mobo and my 8800 to cover the cost of a new mobo..cos overclocking theoretically to about 3.4 - 3.6 ghz would be fantastic and very good use of q6600. Although saying all these puts fear into my mind that it might be my cpu also (dud?) if i get new mobo will it overclock a whole better?
GA-N650 is a bad overclocking board i just tried to help someone else in the past and they did the same as you, google 650i fsb on the web and see for your self, get a new board and be happy.

OK, enough of this bickering in reznik's thread on overclocking his Gigabyte 650i board!!! The next off topic threadjack post will regret the day he posts it, I assure you!!!

No more of this crap!!!

reznik. that board looks to be a nice choice to me. I don't know too much about the P45 boards, but you can't hardly go wrong with an Intel chipset board with an Intel quad processor. :)

Back