• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q9400 + Biostar Tpower I45 overclock adventure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
what is llc i dont have an option for it though im sure its just named something else.

what is llc i dont have an option for it though im sure its just named something else.

Load Line Calibration, it handles vdrop/vdroop on the board. In other words, I have 1.33125v set in bios, but I get 1.296v idle cpu-z and 1.248ish Load via cpu-z.

Larry

ok i dont recall seeing a setting for that in my bios ill check when i get home. this board only has like .024 vdroop though so maybe that is why. ill let you know later on.

No there is no load calibration in biostar I45 , and the vdroop is 0.024v (low voltage) and 0.05 @ high voltage (witch is killing me right now) .
Moreover the CPU vcore is as stable as it should .
1.52v idle = 1.47 v load

yeah the cpu seems stable enough its all in the n/b or at least thats my thought. i have tried cranking the n/b all the way up to 1.64, the ram up to 2.4v, played with all the gtl refs and fsb as well as the rcomp settings still no stability. some one please help. i am lost at this point and frustration is building. please help before i through it out my 3rd story window.

yeah the cpu seems stable enough its all in the n/b or at least thats my thought. i have tried cranking the n/b all the way up to 1.64, the ram up to 2.4v, played with all the gtl refs and fsb as well as the rcomp settings still no stability. some one please help. i am lost at this point and frustration is building. please help before i through it out my 3rd story window.

Try loosening the Performance Level, ( called transaction booster on my board). I was at 480fsb and was getting intermitent freeze ups at anything over that. I know this board with an Auto setting for that sets it way high,(13). Anyhow, I had it at 10 with all but 1 pullin enabled and once I set it to Auto, of which it set it to 13 again, I passed Linpack.
I also had to bump the North Bridge to 1.32v and she seems stable now, but the higher I go, the more juice she wants. I have LLC enabled now as well, 1.280v load in cpu-z now. I think you are running your other volts too high, but of course thats just IMHO. :)

Larry

Well, I have been trying for stability at 485fsb with my board, I can do 20 runs of Linpack and pass wtih 0 errors, however if I run OCCT the board freezes at around 45 minutes and about 10 minutes in Prime95. I do believe I have hit the wall with this board, perhaps a bios update would help as I am on 08/03, but not sure. I'll try that tomm or the next day, but if thats the wall I am still happy with 3840 with low volts.

Larry

im still shooting for 500mhz but gonna work my way up a little slower. ill let you know how it goes. called in sick today so have all day to play.

im still shooting for 500mhz but gonna work my way up a little slower. ill let you know how it goes. called in sick today so have all day to play.

LMAO!! I took the day off too/LOL I'm still shooting for it as well, tho with a bit less enthusiasam but still going. Get this, I was having the lockups at 485fsb so I just sat in bios about 10 minutes looking at settings and reading my notes. It finally dawn'd on my old brain that I had adjusted the cpu gtl's but had since them bumped the NB voltage and I hadn't messed with the NB gtl since changing the nb volts.

Anyhow... I upped the nb gtl from 0.635 to 0.640 and got it stable at 482,( highest I tried). Weird huh? No lockup with a 1/2 hour of prime like I was getting last night. Will test further in a bit, may be on to something finally :D

Larry

Success!

:clap: Finally got her stable. it was all ram timmings, which i still dont fully understand but enough playing got me there, well that and a little help from glock19owner. thank you sir. she ran for almost 3hrs in small ffts in prime. load temps never passed 56c. n/b is sitting at a cool 35c loaded. looks like im in the clear. ill run an overnight prime test tonight to be sure she is totally stable but i forsee no problems. now i just have to see how low i can get these voltages and stay stable as well as try and tighten up the ram timmings a bit. anyways heres a screen shot showing the prime test and a successful 32m prime. i didnt bother to get all the occt shots but it passes all the tests for 2hrs. :clap:

Nice Job!! Now I need to get my butt in gear on mine :D Which settings ended up being the culprits?

Larry

turns out i was running pl on auto. it was named funky in bios. set that to 10T (as it appears in bios) and away she went.

Cool :) Well, didn't do much today, time to get my azz in gear :) Will keep you updated, and Congrats! :)

Larry

thanks again big larry for all the help. im not nearly done yet. im gonna keep playin with the volts till i get em as low as i can stable. then im gonna work on the ram timmings. prolly take a week or so till im happy with it then who knows 562 fsb?

Could you please give me a little more detail about which Bios setting you changed (the name of the setting and location).

thanks again big larry for all the help. im not nearly done yet. im gonna keep playin with the volts till i get em as low as i can stable. then im gonna work on the ram timmings. prolly take a week or so till im happy with it then who knows 562 fsb?

:) Your welcome. 562 fsb?? Ehh maybe 560! :D Have a nice night and a Very nice OC you have going there. :)

Larry

the setting was under ram timmings and it was called static t tread value. if this doesnt help let me know i have a bunch of bios screen shots earlier in the the thread and ill help ya anyway i can. by the way im now 12hrs prime stable will run for 12 more and let you all know.,

the setting was under ram timmings and it was called static t tread value. if this doesnt help let me know i have a bunch of bios screen shots earlier in the the thread and ill help ya anyway i can. by the way im now 12hrs prime stable will run for 12 more and let you all know.,

You have Static Read disabled right?

Larry

Back