• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about OCZ GameXstream 850W

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ecs33

This is the first rig I am building, and the following are my specs:

-EVGA GTX 470
-Intel i7 875k
-G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600)
-Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive (probably will add another)
-MSI H55M-P31 LGA1156 R

I will add a generic DVD drive and a decent sound card as well.

I already bought the PSU but heard bad things. Should I expect to return it and get a decent one? My dad told me he has a 600W PC power and cooling but I don't think that will cut it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

return it. it'll do well beyond its warranty, but the fan will make a sort of low pitched sound in a year or two. you can drop oil into the bearings to see if it'll work when the time comes. just don't take my word for it though.

and the fan can't be replaced. the wires are clued to the component and you might have to cut it and solder in a new fan if it really comes to that point. of course mine was bought in 2006, so it might be different for the ones being manufactured right now. it's up to you to make the choice.

Back