• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Raxco PerfectDisk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baconharvester

Registered
I'm thinking about trying out Raxco PerfectDisk Professional 2008 to defragment my computer, but my nerves are preventing me from doing so. Has anyone ever had their hard drive corrupted due to this program or any other major problems happen? I'm asking because I'm using a 1tb Western Digital Caviar GP WD10EACS hard drive and would hate to lose all the data I have stored. I'm using Windows XP by the way and have not created any partitions on the drive. Also, any ideas how long defragmentation would take?

I've used PD7 and 8 over last 2 years or so on multiple PC's with no hiccups. Time of defragmentation depends on too many variables to predict over the internet.

I've used PD since v6 and I've been using it with clients on version 8 and 2008.

I highly recommend it (also use TuneXP's boot defrag beforehand too) and disable your hibernate file

Back