• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Ripjaw

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dandaman993

Registered
Hi there all,

I have an AMD 6100 Processor on my ASROCK 870 Extreme3 r2.0 motherboard

How well would 8GB (2x 4GB) G Skill RipJaw DDR3 -1333 PC3-10666 work with these above??

Thanks all

I currently have 12gb 2000mhz

They would be fine I suppose, but they'd be a downgrade from DDR3-2000. I'm not quite sure how you have 12GB in two or four DIMM slots though - are you running three sticks?

Yeah atm i have 3 sticks of 4GB each, total of 12GB, but it just dosent seem very fast

A big part of that is likely because you're running in single channel with three sticks. Pull one of those out and make sure the RAM you leave is in like-colored slots (leave two either in the two blue or the two white slot). Also ensure they are set at their rated speed, timings and voltage.

After that, if you got two 4GB sticks to replace those two, you'd be losing performance. Unless the timings at 2000 are just atrocious.

Ok, ill try removing 1 stick and ill reset my bios so its at default settings all through, thanks

Default won't set your sticks where they need to be. You will need to manually set the memory multiplier, at least the primary timings and the memory voltage. Can you supply a link or a brand and model number for your current sticks?

There cheap ones I was given lol. But they are 4GB pc3-16000 DDR3 2000mhz CL 9-11-9-29

If they'll do their rated speed and timings, they're not too bad. Take note of the voltage listed, you'll need to set that too.

There you go....so you'll manually set 1.60vDIMM, speed of DDR3-2000 and timings of 9-11-9-29. Done and done. :thup:

Back