• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about water chillers(+some direct-die systems and dry ice discussion)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Depends on what you're doing with your system and your tolerance to noise.
You use what does the job for you.

Ah allright, so I can use some really high airflow and static pressure fans for the better performance, and cheaper price, if I can tolerate the noise.
I was thinking about buying some Noctua Redux 12 1700RPM PWM fans, but they are quiet expensive for me right now.
So I was thinking about some Nanoxia Deep Silence 120 1800RPM fans as well as the Scythe Slip Stream SY1225SL12SH, which are pretty awesome considering both airflow and static pressure but are considered loud.
Also I can use a lot of fans I think, so if I buy some of the Nanoxia ones, and later I buy some Noctua, I can use both, so maybe I'll have a better cooling performance right?

And do you have these Scythe Slip Stream SY1225SL12SH as well?
If so, do you like them? :)

All of them are that model. I have a dozen or so.
They're awesome.
A couple of these are more than 5 years old. Still crankin.

They're no where's near as loud as comparable Delta's.

I ordered some fans. 3 different brand tough, but I'm very curious. :D

Also I got 3600MHz on cpuz validated with a Q6600, but when I tried 3800MHz I always got bsod. I gave the CPU plenty of voltage, so I definitely think my ram is the limiting point.
I've got 2x1Gb Corsair Value Select 667MHz rams, and for the 3800MHz it would run on 840MHz. I think it's too much for it.
Do you think if I'd buy some Geil Black Dragon 1066MHz rams (which I could, for a really nice price), I could get that 3800MHz stable until cpuz verification?

Back