• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on my overclock *First time overclock-er

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyborgJester

Hello everyone and pleased to meet you all.

I have just built a new pc and have done an extensive amount of reading and decided to try overclocking my 1900X TR. I just wanted to verify my settings are safe and listen to any suggestions you have. My specs are as follows:

CPU 1900x TR overclocked to 4.00ghz
Cooler: EVGA CLC280 280mm Radiator.\
Mobo: X399 DESIGNARE EX (Gigabyte)
32gb corsair dominator 3600 mhz
GTX 970 *looking to upgrade when the market levels out.

My voltages are as follows:

CPU Vcore: 1.225
VCore SOC: 1.1
CPU VDD18: 1.82
CPU SOC SB Voltage: 0.91

CPU Vcore Loadline Calibration: Auto
Vcore SOC Loadline calibration: Auto
CPU Vcore SOC protection: Auto

CPU Vcore current protection: Auto

I am fairly new to the black artes of overclocking but am a willing learner. Basically I want to get the most out of my processor but longevity as well.

For longevity just stay at or below 1.35V what have you used to test it? P95, Aida64?

Hi Johan and thanks for replying. I’ve done a torture test with Prime95 ehile monitoring the voltages and temperatures. At full load the processor sits at 61c and the voltages don’t peak above 1.33

OK, where does the core voltage sit while under load? These ZEN based CPUs tend to have higher voltage spikes that normal just for the boost function. You say V_Core is 1.225V, is that what you set in BIOS?

OK, where does the core voltage sit while under load? These ZEN based CPUs tend to have higher voltage spikes that normal just for the boost function. You say V_Core is 1.225V, is that what you set in BIOS?

Hi again Johan,

I ran a prime 95 stress test and left it running and recorded my peak and average voltages and temps. At full load my CPU's hit a max voltage of 1.313 and an average of 1.293. My Vcore hits a max of 1.368 and an average of 1.345. Max temp sits at 61c. This was done using HWInfo and Prime95.

1.225V is VID of my 1920X. It goes up to 1.4V+ when single cores are loaded. When all cores are under load then voltage is ~1.25-1.30V.
All Ryzens have the same rules and voltage limits so also here max safe is 1.45V but I would keep it at ~1.35-40V as it's not scalling good above that. 4GHz already good for 24/7 work.

Back