• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions for H100 owners

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LiquidArrogance

Howdy. Looking at sticking an H100 in an upcoming build.

I plan on running all the rad fans on an external controller and want to cover the top part of the pump housing with a custom printed decal.

Questions: Is the top part of the pump flush or do those buttons stick up? It's really hard to tell how it works on most of the reviews.

Can someone give me measurements on square on the top of the pump? Just the glossy black square part.

And most importantly: since I don't own it yet and can't tell based on looking at pictures, are there any other problems I'm likely to run into doing this?

I think the fans would connect to the pump and then from the pump to the controller? I would think at least 1 of those fans would need to be connected to the mobo. I know some mobos have 2 cpu fan connections.

The pump has a built in fan controller. But the button is on the pump, so you would just hook the fans to your fan controller. and its not 100% flush. the button buldges out about 1-1.5mm. No main issues trying that out. Theres a connecter on the pump which you plug into your cpu fan header on your mb to monitor the pump.

well my h80 is 25mm where the tubes go in the rad . and the tops 17 mm . but it is beveled . i ant 100% that the h80 and h100 will have the same size stand offs

its pretty flat but it does have a button but you really cant tell
why do you ask this?

Thanks for all of the replies! I realized my original question wasn't very clear. I'm hoping to put a custom decal on the pump such that it looks like the mockup below.

So I need to know from H100 owners:

Can I safely run the rad fans off a separate fan controller without plugging them into the pump?

Will a decal cover the pump fairly decently even with the fan control buttons on it? (Note: I'll be using the same laminated, high quality vinyl for this decal that is used to do vehicle wraps)

And lastly: If this is possible, can someone give me the measurement of the glossy black square on top of the pump?

Thanks peeps :)

562381_457581850925515_100000211125401_1885570_891413008_n.jpg

Can I safely run the rad fans off a separate fan controller without plugging them into the pump? YES, I did for a long time

Will a decal cover the pump fairly decently even with the fan control buttons on it? (Note: I'll be using the same laminated, high quality vinyl for this decal that is used to do vehicle wraps)YES, I did for a long time

And lastly: If this is possible, can someone give me the measurement of the glossy black square on top of the pump? I will have to wait untill morning to measure mines up for you, I will do unless someone else has theres to hand

You can do that, however you'll lose the abillity for the controller in the pump to rampt the fans up or down as they need to do.

On a personal note, I removed my H100 after it failed within 3 months of purchase. I won't touch a closed loop any more as my last two have both failed. High end air coolers are close enough in performance that there's no point in running a closed loop. Just use better fans on air coolers

you are unlucky my h100 has worked for months (about 6 now)
i like the extra boost i get from the H100 But, it takes alot of room so you have to be picky what case you get so that a -

My last case and my current case fit a H100 no worries. My replacement H100 is still in the cupboard, I may reinstall athat at some point.

Appreciate the heads up. I like the maintenance free aspect of the corsair systems. I've had my H50 keeping my qx6850 chilly for over a year now with no problems so until I've got horror stories like yours I'll probably stick to them.

Curious though, did any parts fail as a result of the leak and did they do anything for you there?

No, it didn't leak. The pump and the controller built into the base plate failed, it would no longer turn on. Complete failure basically. I could tell something was wrong as the computer was too quiet.

Been runnin my H100 since dec 26 24/7. It handles my hexa core better then my topend air coolers did.. Maybe I just got a good one? :shrug:

On a side note, their fans are a bit loud, and dont move much air until they rev up. Ive been useing my trusty panaflos on this setup, as I did with my aircoolers.

On a side note, their fans are a bit loud, and dont move much air until they rev up. Ive been useing my trusty panaflos on this setup, as I did with my aircoolers.

Loud doesn't bug me . . . got a small armada of yate loons that cant wait to go p/p on the h100 :clap:

Oh, and while you're around you mind popping your case and getting me that measurement?

Lol, I've some 230CFM Delta's that I'm sure would change oyur mind. Their miniman speed is 1550RPM, their max 6000RPM.... I'd recommend my current fav San Ace 9SG1212G101 260CFM fan any day. It'll go right down to 500RPM which is inaudible, great since its PWM controlled. I'm on the watchout for a second one.

Ok, yea, based on the videos I've seen of the deltas, you're right . . . those are a bit too noisy!

I like the yates for the performance / noise to cost ratio more than anything else.

Back