• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

QX6700 Air cooler sugestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EvilJoker

Does anyone have some sugestions for QX6700? I OC and i game :) :cool:
Ive currently have Scythe Mugen 1. But Got rid of push-pins and used Bolts and nuts. Woudl Scythe Mine 2 or coolermaster v6 gt work better? :shrug:
Or any other HSF suggestions would be great!! :bump:

Thanks to all that helps! :thup:

You don't say what case you are running this system in, which can affect what heatsinks we could recommend. If it's a case that can take a 170 mm tall heatsink, I would recommend a Thermalright True Spirit 140. It's compatible for all Intel systems since LGA775, so you can take it with you on your next upgrade and it runs right up there with the other top of the line air cooling heatsinks on the market. You can get it off Amazon from Nan's Gaming Gear for around $50 delivered.

I like water cooling idea. But scared of leaks, I can't afford to buy my stuff all over again. I can get a brand new corsair h100 for $60!! Witch is great price, but I said(scared of leaks)

I like water cooling idea. But scared of leaks, I can't afford to buy my stuff all over again. I can get a brand new corsair h100 for $60!! Witch is great price, but I said(scared of leaks)

$60? Dude for that price I'd jump all over it. You have to be very very unlucky or extremely negligent to have any issues. Closed loop, in a box "water" cooling is pretty much matured technology now. Lots and lots of units have been sold and not a lot of report of leaking. Like the Sandforce 22XX BSOD issue, I'm sure we'd hear about it if leaking is an issue.

If you can get it for that price, then you better jump on it right now. Great cooler and you can sell it for more than that and help cover your cooling costs for the new cooler you do end up going with if you don't want to use the H100.

Another good choice for you would be the NZXT Havik 120, which I just reviewed right here. It can easily handle a QX6700 and sells for around $50. I also have a Hyper 212 EVO at the house, but haven't gotten a chance to review it yet. But either of the 2 I mentioned will easily handle a QX6700, since I am testing with as much or more heatload with my i7 930 than what your QX will be putting out.

BTW, I think the Antec 1200 should have enough headroom for the TS140 with no problems.

I want to use water cooled because i no that it will cool better, But jsut leaks :( So.. ima go with a good air cooler.

I guess ima get the H100.. I hope it works and made as good as everyone says.. I would be PISSED if it leaked and destroyed all my hardware... :(

i got it and installed it.. OC 2.66 to 3.468 Idle 24. full load 38. Hell i was getting 26 with air idle and 46 load

Back