• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rad/fan set up on new rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lunatic6593

Registered
building a new rig, used all in one liquid cooling in past, this is my first custom build, looking to make it quiet. Read the water cooling sticky

rampage v extreme
intel i75960 processor (liquid cooled/ may use a mono block on the board if one becomes available from ek) would like to overclock to 4.0- 4.5 if possible
3x asus strike 980 graphic cards (liquid cooled)
case labs sma8
looking at the hardware labs sr2 rads, 480 x2 and a 240 or I can with one 560 and 480 and 240

1) is push/pull or just push for the fan setup, I know push/pull was the norm back in the day, but know a lot of the rads fpi are low count.
2) fan choice has me stumped, looking and the nb eloop series, not sure witch one to get, nb - blacksilent, or the noctua nf-f12(they have an industrial version, has higher rpm and a low of 450, plus a black color. or nf-p12 all fans will pwm controlled

just not sure , witch way to go , info overload, any help would be greatfull, thanks

That will be one heck of a machine.

You could go push n pull but that is up to you. Get some nice premium rad fans for those new SR2s.

As for fans, the ones I recommend since the AP-15s aren't made anymore are the Noiseblocker eLoops B12s.

yeah is going a runnner, should last me for a while,my current rig now is 6 years old, still works just getting, fans are starting to fail ect ect, just wondering if push/ is worth it, will look harder at the noise blockers, thanks for your reply, should start a log, time is the problem , work is very busy now, not sure when it will let up.

Just make sure you do your research. If you haven't, have a look at our water cooling stickies. That's a tall order with those kind of components and having to do water cooling for the first time. Take your time and be patient. Think ahead. :salute:

thanks ,i read the stickies, for the most i understand them, i plan on using acrylic tubing, it can be tricky, buts its an itch i can scratch, love the look, i am in no hurry, i figure this may be done by late spring if i am lucky if not , it is what it is.

thanks ,i read the stickies, for the most i understand them, i plan on using acrylic tubing, it can be tricky, buts its an itch i can scratch, love the look, i am in no hurry, i figure this may be done by late spring if i am lucky if not , it is what it is.

Oh and acrylic too? Yikes. You sure love jumping in. :rofl: :p

Good luck and keep us posted. :salute:

Back