• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 9500 Pro or 9600 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i think you would have to be a moron to buy a 9500pro right now when you can get a 9700 for 200$

go to mwave and go to the ATI section. if you want to pass up a good deal, be my guest. if you need a card go for it. as morpheus said "i can only show you the way"

I don't think there is such thing as an OEM bult by ATI card. I don't know what you mean by a knock off.

ATI RADEON 9700 128MB 8XAGP DDR W/TV& DVI (OEM - POWERED BY ATI)

look at the powered by part, probably by some random company... it only says POWERED by ATi. Just means it uses the VPU. it could be slower then the retail 9700. Someone above this post said $153 sounds to good to be true...well $200 for a 9700 Pro... :-/

It's not a Pro though.. and you can get those all over for around 200$. It probably is a PoworColor, a lot of PoworColors can whoop BBA ones though.. I would like someone to prove to me that PoworColor is not good with a recent case. I have only heard good things from the owners of them with more recent cards.

omg. people jump all over a sapphire 9500pro for 190$ at newegg. but when i show them a 9700 for 10$ more they debate the brand. its a freaking 9700. who gives a crap if it doesnt overclock really high. Its going to be faster than the 9500pro, no doubt.

i think it would be a good idea if the forum had some kind of test you had to take to become a member. too many noobs lately.

9700np for $200 sounds like a great deal. If I didn't just buy my 9500pro about a month ago, I would go for this in a heartbeat.

The 9600 pro is actually better in some areas
It's able too use anti-liasing and anitioscoptic filtering at higher settings than the 9500 pro at least it does for me so if you need small details like that its a better card

I think $153 for a 9500pro is just as good a deal, if not better (assuming it really is a 9500 pro, which I really doubt now .. will call the store tomorrow). $200 is still just a little out of my budget right now. Its also kinda hard to justify spending that much considering I barely play anything besides counterstrike right now. I am not even sure why I am buying this 9500 pro.

9500pro will do every game out there right now smoothly. heck, just yesterday i played vice city on an geforce2mx400

Vice City is by no means grafically intensive. Just cause its new don't mean its a challenge for today's hardware.
But i agree a 9500 Pro will do everygame currently available just fine.

Back