• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon Tweaker questions and the Radeon LE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FunkyTechnician

I just got my Radeon LE and ran 3dmark 2001. I wanted to test it out before any tweaks and I ended up with a score of 2377.

I installed Radeon Tweaker and overclocked to 181 and enabled Hyper Z and got 3194.

After doing some various installations and restarting windows, I turned on tweaker and it said my clock speed was back at 146. Do I have to enable Hyper Z and overclock every single time I reboot?? Is there a way to make this permanent?

So how are those scores?, I never benchmarked anything before since I had a ghetto 300mhz P2 with a 4meg video card. BTW, just got an AMD 1.33 system

Amiel

Scores are great, you need to check the option for using the settings when windows starts.......

Did you try the latest Radeon Tweaker program? I think its at 1.01 or something like that now. There were a a few bugs in the earlier versions that made it revert back to the default clock speed when you rebooted. The newer version sets it when you boot windows.
HyperZ should stay enabled no matter what after you set it. Are you sure its not on when you reboot?
By the way thats a great 3Dmark score for that card! Not bad for 80 bucks eh?
AKDUDE

AKDUDE (Apr 09, 2001 11:13 a.m.):
Did you try the latest Radeon Tweaker program? I think its at 1.01 or something like that now. There were a a few bugs in the earlier versions that made it revert back to the default clock speed when you rebooted. The newer version sets it when you boot windows.
HyperZ should stay enabled no matter what after you set it. Are you sure its not on when you reboot?
By the way thats a great 3Dmark score for that card! Not bad for 80 bucks eh?
AKDUDE

Yes, I'm definitely happy with it. I almost spent the money on the Retail Radeon 64DDR card but after reading the reviews online and seeing how everyone was tweaking the LE's, I decided to give it a shot. Great Bang/Buck ratio and I'm already recommending it to my friends. I think I might go out and buy Tribes2 this week. (I know some people have had problems with it but I loved the first one and my brother beta tested and thought Tribes2 was great)

Oh yea, when I was running 3dmark2001, there were a couple of tests that didn't run due to "hardware not supported", what does that mean? Too bad I can't remember which tests, anyone with the LE have any similar experiences?

BTW, I just dl'd the new version. Should I uninstall the older one first or do they just rewrite over each other in an update?

Amiel

what he said.

What drivers are you using for the Radeon? Im using the 7097's, and it runs alot better than the ones that came with the card.

One thing about the Radeon, you have plenty of diff drivers to pick from.
AKDUDE

Back